• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Polyurethane or....

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
rubber. My daughter in the Virgin Islands have a 2008 JK that need control arm bushings. They are not available here in NE Florida. I will have to order them.

Her JK is not lifted and offroad is not an option,...well except for going to the beach or other non paved roads around the island. She also is experiencing a bit of death wobble. This could be brought on by having bad control arm bushings and questionable tires which would be replaced promptly. The technician who looked at the JK assured her the ball joints and steering linkages were good so at this time it seem all that is needed are the front end bushings.

Does the polyurethane bushings still squeak?

Yes they do, but applying some lithium grease can do the trick.

I will order them online this weekend. I am wondering if the noise will be an acceptable trade off verses rubber in terms of longevity and a firmer feel/better handling.

Back