• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police Spotlight

I have one I have yet to install...
It is as simple as a lead and ground. I have a two wire that needs to be grounded.
One wire (black or red) to a 12 V source. Cig lighter, open jumper (stick a fuse in) and go straight to the fuse block.

As for install, if your hole is tight enough than you can seal with anything so long as it is rated for it. Granted a kit specific application would pretty things up and guarantee no leak, RTV sealer will work on mine.
I have to drill through and get around a snorkle, so The mounting kit won't work for me. But if anyone is interested, I will take pics and show my progress for anyone else to follow... that is when i get around to it

You should check into how many amps they draw before you just start hooking them into the cigarette lighter wiring.

I'd run some 14 gauge wires (for each light) to the PDC maybe or directly to the battery, make sure they are fused as close to the source of power as possible.

They should ground through the base of the light itself.

eMail Unity for a template. Tell them the light model and the vehicle you are mounting it on.

I also recently picked up 3 of these for free they are off of a crown vic or caprice....it seems like there is something missing .The side to side motion works fine via the handle, but the up and down/ in out you would have to tighten the bolt to keep it from flopping around. Are these lights missing a part? Anyone else run into this problem?

I have one on my rig... got it off of an XJ used as a mall security vehicle.:roflmao:
check my sig thread. Mine is a Unity brand and significantly more that 100w ( had to use a 30amp fuse... it kept blowing 20amp ones)

paxj92 said:
I also recently picked up 3 of these for free they are off of a crown vic or caprice....it seems like there is something missing .The side to side motion works fine via the handle, but the up and down/ in out you would have to tighten the bolt to keep it from flopping around. Are these lights missing a part? Anyone else run into this problem?

there is an internal notch that sometimes wears away... a new handle or welder will fix that.

No problem.

I was going to install mine but I need to buy or make a snorkel, so I'm holding off because I have a feeling it would get in the way of the snorkel tube. I'd rather mount it afterwards incase I have to get creative. The motor comes first in this situation heh.

yea that's true, im sure it would get in the way...i was going to pick this spotlight up the other day, and the guy said $25 (which wasn't a bad deal at all for a unity), then I went back today to get it and he said $20...got a great deal...did not have the outside mount though for it...the cruiser i got it off of, they fabed one up so its a little rough but its going to work

will try to post pics up tomorrow if anyone is interested

I went and looked at how mine is wired, I couldn't see a Damn thing up there. I *think* it is wired to a constant hot, but I am not to sure.....

I was able to follow the wire down the the fuse panel area, but lost it in the loom under the dash.....

well here are some pictures of the install
DSCN3084.jpg

DSCN3082.jpg

DSCN3083.jpg

Back