• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pointers for Wheeling Black Mountain

Re: Pointer for Wheeling Black Mountain

Somebody fix the thread title from Pointer to Pointers......it's driving me crazy!

We will be right at home in this environment, not only is it almost identical to to our area. I lived in Clarksville TN right on the Ky border for a few years.
Living on the river across from a Tobacco field brought lots of crazy bugs.

Ticks, chiggers, copperheads it sounds like my back yard!
We usually avoid camping in july though LOL.

It would be really nice to have a radio with the group leaders and event head honchos. I doubt that you would reach from the campground over the mountain to where most of the trails are, but it's worth a shot.

Stephen might know how those radios do up on the mountain.

Re: Pointer for Wheeling Black Mountain

No. Unfortunately, it will not broadcast or receive on the Citizen's Band. That would be awesome.

Ok yea I need something in the baby jeep and truck soon. Was about to jump all over this.....

Glad to see your gonna make it Dan.

So is everybody switching over to ham radios or keeping the cb? My grandparents are big into the ham radios and they have already offered to help me get set up with a ham radio setup

I will probably end up with one of the handheld VHFs also. Could be useful around home too, I think our EMA people use them.

All we used in Alaska was VHF. Sold them when I left as I felt I wouldn't use them here.

Back