• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please school me on where to place after market lighting... how many I need... blah

I love my setup, though I know I would have trouble fitting into a 7ft garage, and I got about 1.5" lift on 30's.

Compressed.jpg

I am running cheap 6" lamps up top, but I swaped out the bulbs for 100w halogens, the above bumper lights are 7" decent lights, 100w halogens same as top, and 55w motorcycle driving lights (yes, i found them in a bin from a Harley!) I realize its a bit overkill, but once in a while when you end up out at night, it is EXTREMELY nice!

Wiring is critical. Use relays, and make sure you have the recommended gauge for the power and length of wire. If you are pulling crazy amps, watch your alternator performance. I have killed batteries and alternators on the last rig I ran this setup, but the Jeep has been holding strong...

... Unless you're a honeybadger, and just dont give a Sh**

Look at him he's eating a snake, because honey badger don't give a shit! :roflmao: thats good stuff!

I run these little fellas, they work alright! :D
S7301004.jpg

I got a really good deal on them, Lightforce 170's those in combination with HID's and an upgraded harness(not much help with HID's) will light up the night.

Last edited:
Be a shame if you were promoting venturing off the trail anywhere that could get shut down as a result...
===============================================================
Right you are.
I am usually on my own beloved 24.5 acres or other private lands. Trails blazing is seldom done. Generally for a special reason. But god I love driving over virgin ground. The bush will soon stand and you well never know I was there. Pick you trail well.
DO NOT spin your wheels and if you need to go there again pick a new trail. And all well stay green.
Killing off ground cover by spinning often leads to rutting. I have repaired what seems likes mile of them over the years. And have seem land closed to all offing do to the VERY few S**HEADS that don.t care.

Last edited:
Be a shame if you were promoting venturing off the trail anywhere that could get shut down as a result...
Right you are.
I am usually on my own beloved 24.5 acres or other private lands. Trails blazing is seldom done. Generally for a special reason. But god I love driving over virgin ground. The bush will soon stand and you well never know I was there. Pick you trail well.
DO NOT spin your wheels and if you need to go there again pick a new trail. And all well stay green.
Killing off ground cover by spinning often leads to rutting. I have repaired what seems likes mile of them over the years. And have seem land closed to all offing do to the VERY few S**HEADS that don.t care.

If you are talking about me, That is a trail, its at Redbird SRA in Dugger, IN. I did some trail blazing on that run with permission from the Indiana DNR and they really liked our bypass. That was taken during the MWC trail cleanup. Might wanna rethink what you post before knowing the facts! :dunno:

Anyways, back to the topic at hand....

I have also ran Hella 500's and you really can't beat them for the price. They are super cheap to upgrade to HID, unlike my Lightforces at 135 a pop! :eek:

Last edited:
If you are talking about me...

Dont think he is talking about you, that is clearly an awesome line, and not bushwacking

On that note, maybe we should ban bushwacker flares, as the name is not condusive to treading lightly:scottm:

Of you guys running roof lights, how did you deal with the glare?

Dont think he is talking about you, that is clearly an awesome line, and not bushwacking

On that note, maybe we should ban bushwacker flares, as the name is not condusive to treading lightly:scottm:

I hope he wasn't, I am a very responsible offroad enthusiast. And i'll second banning bushwhackers! :cheers:

It matters where you mount them because it affects what kind of pattern they throw and how far they can reach. And I hope when you are off the trail that you're on private land that allows wheeling and cross country off trail travel. Be a shame if you were promoting venturing off the trail anywhere that could get shut down as a result...

Right you are.

If you are talking about me, That is a trail, its at Redbird SRA in Dugger, IN. I did some trail blazing on that run with permission from the Indiana DNR and they really liked our bypass. That was taken during the MWC trail cleanup. Might wanna rethink what you post before knowing the facts! :dunno:
So defensive Flexd? ;) He's responding to my post from earlier.

Back