• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please give a CORE review/feedback, Thx guys!!!

Jrobtxs

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for feedback from yall about which brand of heater and evap core to buy. My current options are OEM, Crown, APDI, GPD and Spectra. Also the best place to buy your preferred brand...Thx guys looking forward to hearing from yall!

I would personally go with oem. They're not that expensive but very labor intensive to do so, buy once, cry once type thing.

Looking for feedback from yall about which brand of heater and evap core to buy. My current options are OEM, Crown, APDI, GPD and Spectra. Also the best place to buy your preferred brand...Thx guys looking forward to hearing from yall!

def not spectra, you will be tearing it apart within the 1st yeay for sure.

When I did mine, OEM heater core was $400. It is a beefy piece of copper. All aftermarket ones I found were all aluminium and made in china. I was changing an evap core and after careful inspection and cleaning I reused the OEM one.

Is your heater core leaking? Any signs of corrosion in radiator that would suggest similar corrosion in heater core?

I used a NAPA evap core. It looked like the OEM one and weighed about the same.
DSCF5479_595.jpg

The evap core worked fine for the 2+ years I ran it. Was still blowing cold when I sold the jeep.

Pics of changing evap core are here: http://www.jeepingben.net/zen/zenphoto/index.php?album=2013/XJ evaporator core

Thx for the input guys, oem parts are bloody expensive, anyone got a dealer in their pocket that can hook up procing

Back