• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please check my shopping list.

brandon350

NAXJA Forum User
I am fixing to re-gear and install ARB lockers.
I have added everything I think I need to my shopping list from a major online supplier but before I hit BUY and wave goodbye to $2500 bucks I want to make sure I've got it right. so please tell me if it looks good or if there's anything I should check/add/remove.

For my 98 XJ with D30 front and 8.25 rear:

Yukon Chrysler 8.25- MASTER INSTALL KIT (for 1976 and later)
Yukon DANA 30- MASTER INSTALL KIT (for D30- front)
Yukon Gear DANA 30 Reverse Rotation Ring and Pinion (4.88)
Nitro Gear & Axel Chrysler 8.25 4.88 Ring and Pinion (4.88)
ARB #RD100 - Dana 30 Air Locker - 27 spline axle - 3.73 and up
ARB #RD93 - Chrysler 8.25" Air Locker - 29 spline axle - All gear ratios
ARB CKMA12 high output air compressor kit

My main concerns are the front master install kit, the choices were D30 front, D30 TJ, D30 Grand Cherokee and D30 JK. I chose front I just want to make sure before I waste money.

Also the front air locker choices were 30 spline super and 27 spline. I chose the 27 spline because I figure I wouln't have 30 spline stock. Is this a safe assumption?

Also, I assume I don't need new carriers because the lockers do away with them, correct?

Thanks for looking this over and any input.
I just need a smarter set of eyes to assure me I'm not making any mistakes.

You sure you wanna go that deep on a dana 30? 4:88's are pretty deep for astockdana 30 i would maybe upgrade the shafts before swapped in those gears...but im not too sure can someone help me out here???

Everything looks good . Yes 27 spline is stock in the front . Yes the lockers replace the carriers . As for the install kit I would contact them and they should get you what you need

Back