• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plasma cutter....

Still lovin the 380...don't need to do the big stuff. This machine kicks ace!

I have made some skids for the Tcase and Tank, also some stuff for my buddies Peterbuilt. Still on the first tip. No trouble and I would reccommend this brand to anyone.

I've got a Hobart Airforce, it is one of the mid level ones. Does a great job. But clean air is important. Plasma cutter and a welder and you can tear up anything you want and call it custom.

All, uh I'm kind of slow, and I've never used a plasma cutter. Why does everyone talk about compressed air when discussing these? Do all plasma cutters require compressed air? What is the air used for?

Mdub said:
All, uh I'm kind of slow, and I've never used a plasma cutter. Why does everyone talk about compressed air when discussing these? Do all plasma cutters require compressed air? What is the air used for?
Good description of how it works here...

I've been to the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College where plasma cutting was developed. Awesome school. To this day a lot of the major competitors in plasma are based near me, Hypertherm is 35 min from my house, Thermal Dynamics is like 25 min from me, and Thermacut is like 2 min walking from my house. I know people that work at some of them, I've been trying to convince them that I need a "local discount" or something... :laugh3:

Back