• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plan of events?

Thanks Alex. Way to make a misplaced Colorado boy MORE homesick! :tears:
Awesome pictures, as always! :thumbup: :photo:

I already have those photos saved somewhere, and thanks for sharing them again...they are awesome.

As for lodging...she works for Sage/Marriot so we are getting some screaming deals on rooms during the trip. Suites in Vail for less than $50.

Cant wait to get up there and mett some of you and wheel with ya too.

Fergie

The only problem with a suite in Vail is that it is probably 4 hours from Ouray.

old_man said:
The only problem with a suite in Vail is that it is probably 4 hours from Ouray.
That wont be a problem. We will be in Colorado Springs for several days, then we will be in Vail for four days, and then another four days in and around Durango/Ouray and that area.

Fergie

Man - those pics are awesome! Is Black Bear considered difficult? Or just difficult for a stock XJ?

It is rated difficult in most guide books but I could get my stock explorer over it, but drag in a few spots. It has a couple of switchbacks with 3 point turns. The drop offs scare flatlanders and that is why it is listed difficult. An XJ with 3" lift and 31" tires would breeze through. I will post a couple of pictures of the 3 point turn. Around here it is considered easy/moderate. I will most likely be leading the run on that trail.

Tom Houston

Hey All, is this a planned event?? If so what date are you talking about I want to participate too...Henry

Yes. It is to be an officially sanctioned event. For now the dates are August 8-14, 2004. Grant is driving this and working on the details and schedules. Check it out under the NAXJA planned events forums. Should be a good mix of mild to WILD :looney:

Oh... this sounds fun. Count me in. I have lots of new gear to try out. ARB and Detroit Lockers. Ford 8.8, 4.11s and a TeraLow 231. :party:

Back