• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLAN B: Frank Raines on Sat APR 16

ZPD said:
Wow Chuck I forgot about those videos. I may be in. I have to help someone move it the am but it only takes me 45 min to get there. So it all depends on when I get done etc.
For those who haven't been to FR it is fun but not super challenging. There is a creek bed that is dried up a bit most of the year (the videos) and many dirt roads that are swamped with dirtbikes, quads, and buggies.
Also it costs $2 to get in.
Lots of watter there now:
47b5da23b3127cce915e6852630200000026138IasWTVu5aE

It can be very chalaging depending on what line you take:
47b5da23b3127cce915e5012635e00000016108IasWTVu5aE

and it will now cost you $5 to get in :mad:

Ok, just got off the phone with the park district, Frank Raines will be open this weekend. Some of the park is still closed off due to a fire that burned the canyon 2 years ago. Looks like we are all go for Saturday.

I suck at planning a run. So just want to say thanks to all for being flexible on the location.

See you all on the trail!

Bryan

I'll be there :) Thats my red jeep in the photo's above, and I had a blast a couple weekends ago. I talked to a guy last night in a yota (who used to drive an XJ) who will be showing up as well from the south bay area.

B.C. Kicks ass :D

I'll be there around 9 or so.
Gotta bring Bryan some tail lights and a set of my door guards.
See ya guys there.

ChuckD said:
For the Madera, Kerman and Fresno Folk.

If we meet in Firebaugh bewteen 9-930am. We will get there just before 11:00.

Sound good?

Looks like I'm good to go, but I'd like to get an earlier start than that Chuck. I'll probably head out around 7:30-8:00 am from my place. My cell# is (559)706-8627 for anyone who wants / needs anything.

Jes,
I'll toss in those reverse LEDs too.

Hi all - I got word on your run tomorrow from a fellow ROC club member.... I have never been to Frank Raines and I was wondering if I could join your group for the run?

If that's okay, please let me know where everyone is meeting up and anything else I need to do?

thanks,
Shelly

shelly said:
Hi all - I got word on your run tomorrow from a fellow ROC club member.... I have never been to Frank Raines and I was wondering if I could join your group for the run?

If that's okay, please let me know where everyone is meeting up and anything else I need to do?

thanks,
Shelly

Welcome,

PM Bryan C. , he'll make sure you can get with the group.

FarmerMatt said:
Looks like I'm good to go, but I'd like to get an earlier start than that Chuck. I'll probably head out around 7:30-8:00 am from my place. My cell# is (559)706-8627 for anyone who wants / needs anything.

Disreguard the PM,

So around 8:15 in Firebaugh, it works for me. I think Scrappy would like to go even earlier.

shelly said:

thanks,
Shelly

Come on out. You are welcome to join the run. Plan is to meet at the main gate at 11:00. People will be showing up earlier than that so have a look around if you are early. Look at the first post in this thread for directions and park info. Just make sure to pay your money at the gate. It is self service, but the rangers have been known to check for payment envelope stubs.

Oh, and bring some food and drinks for the big BBQ.

We'll see how many rigs we get and make a plan once we get there. First thought is to guide a run so the stock or close to stock rigs can have some fun while the rest of the group runs the creek trail. The creek trail can be run with 31's, but skid plates and rock rails are recommended.

Bryan

Anyone have a seat available? My trip for this weekend was cancelled and my Jeep is not even mall ready at this point. I can drive to the park if none of the locals have a seat.

Bryan!

Great thanks I will be there.

Please let me know what kind of food/drinks you guys are in need of....? I will hit up the store a little later.

BTW - kr70... I'll be flying solo... so if you're feeling brave......

:) Shelly

ChuckD said:
Well, me or FarmerMatt might be able to help.

That would be great Chuck, will keep an eye out. Just looked around the house and can bring some spicy Italian sausage, chips/salsa, and a 12 pack of Modelo. I have a pack of hot dogs and few frozen pre-made burger patties also if there is a need. Don't have any buns around though.

kr7o said:
Anyone have a seat available? My trip for this weekend was cancelled and my Jeep is not even mall ready at this point. I can drive to the park if none of the locals have a seat.
You're welcome to ride out with me. I'll have my 2 boys, but the other seat will be open. I'm out near Firebaugh on Ave. 7. Give me a call 706-8627 & I can give you directions out here.

BTW, All you had to say was you worked for Canandaigua... :laugh3: We deliver a lot of grapes to Mission Bell.

Matt

Back