• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pipeline shut down!!!!

Shmeh

I make enough money, and know how to tighten up when it comes to budgets.

If the price affects folks that much, their margin was poor to begin with, and the roads will be less congested.

Fergie

i don't like you.

you can budget your money. i on the other hand have a part time job bagging other people food and only make 6.85 an hour. i can't afford any of this. my mom will not help out if i have a job. so i am S.O.L

p.s. id on't really "hate" you. im just jelious. i don't have as good of gas mileage as the GC does.

No worries. I was there not too long ago, and understand your plight.

Until we get the current admin out of office, and decrease our oil dependency, and increase our knowledge about other fuels and forms of transportation, it does me no good to get all riled up.

Fergie

Just what they need, another excuse.

I guess I'll start bothering my boss to move up the date I get my company car.

i just got back from the gas station and filled up at 3.07 for $45. thanks to my lovely mother i was able to get it filled to the top.

i think that it will have an impact on the gas prices. it does make up 8% of the nations oil fields and 2.6% of the worlds. if we do not have good contacts with the other oil rich componies, we could see the biggest jump there in prices ever.

it also stated that they were willing to dip into the emegency reserve to help out if so requested.
any ways im goona keep my trips short unless i have to. and i will take out the weight i have in my right foot.
i am in full gas conservation mode. my car will not leave the driveway untill i get my paycheck. then its all out on the freeway.

I like the comment on how it wont make any shortage of supply, but you know damn well gas will skyrocket. It's all a conspearisey. You ever noitce how fast gas will go up from a major delima when it takes at least a month or two for the current crude to accually get to the pump, but when the price of crude drops it takes a while for gas to come back down. What ever happend to all the crude thay found in Canada? Was supposed to be more there than the middle east. How meny ever even heard about it? They didn't make big deal about it so they could keep rapeing us. Yea I know that the Mother country pays out the ass for there gas, but that has a lot to do with the goverment tax that is put on it. Becides they have much better interstate mass transit over there too. I think we should go back to mostly shipping good by rail. Would get a lot of trucks off the road, and grately reduce our national fuel consumption as a whole. On that note we need to get more diesel cars, and light trucks. Diesel is cleaner, is more efficent, and has more BTU's of energy compared to the same amount of gasoline.

scoobyxj said:
On that note we need to get more diesel cars, and light trucks. Diesel is cleaner, is more efficent, and has more BTU's of energy compared to the same amount of gasoline.
x10

My PSD get's better mileage than an XJ ever did.

Last edited:
scoobyxj said:
Diesel is cleaner.

Think again. The newest of the new diesels are cleaner, but they don't touch a PZEV gasser. Why do you think diesels have such a hard time getting into California?

I endorse all your other diesel statements.

When it gets as bad as the gas crisis in the 70's, then I may get annoyed. Until then.... :)

We were even, but Dad was (still is) in the fire department, so we had some hook-ups if needed. ;) The Bay Area was painful then... the lines were crazy.

I remember swapping plates, and siphoning gas. That's right where my memory fades. :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I remember swapping plates, and siphoning gas. That's right where my memory fades. :D

--ron

Someone tried to jack me for some diesel last month, the old check ball/bend in the Ford filler threw them for a loop I guess. They gave up and just stole my fuel cap.

Back