• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of my wheeler and DD

motoxpete

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've had the wheeler for quite some time now. Just like most of us on here I love my XJ's. I've been dieing to build a newer XJ for a DD however due to the lack of money it's been a pipe dream. Well finally with the new job I was able to afford to build one :spin1: The one on the left is my DD, it's a 2001 with a IRO 5.5 long arm on 33's, the one on the right is my wheeler she's at about 7" of lift, adj short arms, drop brackets and 35 boggers. Tell me what you think

SAM_1647.jpg

Na no swaps yet, they both have 8.25's under them. I already have the rear's I plan on swapping in, just have to build them. My 89 (the wheeler) is getting an 8.8, 4.88 gears, and spool... then I'm just building the turdy with 4.88, full case locker, truss and diff covers front and back. I have a Cherokee Dana 44 I'm going to put in my 01 (the DD) plan on doing disk brakes, 4.56's and ARB... also prolly gonna keep the turdy on her and just throw 4.56's in and ARB... still up in the air on the front axle on my DD, might go with a Rubicon 44 not sure. The KM2's are great so far, handle good on the road, there quiet, haven't got a chance to see how they do off road yet tho... they are 33's

Last edited:
lastara :puke:... ugly pieces of shit...

scaled.php

(^my POS^)

juuust playin... both those are beautiful man, congrats on having the budget get things you really want... love their wide stance & tires... does the 89 have a stretched rear?.. i really like where the 35's sit in the rear wheel wells... & nice grenade decals, got the same one on my band's banner :thumbup:

but seriously tho, burn them to the ground :flame:

:spin1:

Was about to mention the rear wheel well on the trail rig, looks like what Tnt customs did to their Low COG rig, then again I could just be seeing it wrong.
Where are the spares?

Was about to mention the rear wheel well on the trail rig, looks like what Tnt customs did to their Low COG rig, then again I could just be seeing it wrong.
Where are the spares?

Ya know I've never really noticed how the rear wheels sit in the wheel well, There is nothing cool or special about it though lol. I wonder if it has anything to do with the crappy a$$ 6" leaf springs on there I bought off CL? As far as the spares... A$$ backwards because I don't have a spare for my mud truck however I do have a spare for the DD I'm just waiting for my Detours Tailbone to get here. Should see that sometime this month, then I'll have my spare tire n rim hanging off the back.

Lookin good man

Thanks man

Reason I don't have a spare for my trail rig is because I really only wheel that locally, and thats more mud and water then anything. Now my DD I'm really trying to build as a exploring rig and something I can take the family to Rausch Creek, wheel, then drive home. Deff want to make her bullet proof and safe for the family... Have big plans for that thing :)

Ya know I've never really noticed how the rear wheels sit in the wheel well, There is nothing cool or special about it though lol. I wonder if it has anything to do with the crappy a$$ 6" leaf springs on there I bought off CL?

Lol wish I could find a rear stretch on CL.

Back