• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picked up 88xj for 100$ putting new floor and having electriclal ?s

Khawk912

NAXJA Forum User
whats up guys a few days ago i picked up a 88 xj 2 door 5 speed black. the driver side floor was gone but that was it so i patched it up and im getting ready for herculiner tmrw morning. i pulled the dash off and there are wiring harnesses everywhere! next to the cigerette lighter there is about 4 or 5 i think. i will take pictures tmrw but theres some under the steering wheel then i pulled the radio bc it wasnt working and it was a hack job behind there as well. there was 3 wires that look like they were just cut on top of the temp control but im not sure. not sure how to put up pictures on here yet.

either way do you guys have extra wiring harnesses maybe from options offered that year or something?

Yes, there will be various harness plugs that are for options yours didn't come with.

Is everything working or did you have specific questions?

The best I can say is to have a look at some wiring diagrams. When I'm done typing this I'll shoot you a link back channel to have a look at.

As for the hood. It's not very adjustable. My guess would be that the cable is stuck in the OPEN position. They get quite stubborn some times. Is the hood latch all the way in or is it pulled out some? Look at the latches and see if they are open when the hood is open. See if you can make them close with a screw driver or something. Then try to open them back up.

And welcome to NAXJA.

I'll also shoot you a link on how to post pictures.

Back