• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pick N Pull

Yep, I could fab the pipes, but I'd still need the valves. I've found a few locations for all the parts and the prices seem to be coming down.

O'..O'..O'Reillys... like $13.00 (IIRC) in their "HELP" section. Thats where I got mine.

While your at it making a latch for the hood, make two, and send me one for Christmas, LOL.:cheers:

I am thinking about going with hood pins. Quick, easy and incase of a fire... the cable could melt and no open for you...er... me.

Never done hood pins.

But I must admit it would be cool running around with hood pins, and then see people looking under the hood to find a 61 HP, diesel 4 banger, LOL.

I am thinking about going with hood pins. Quick, easy and incase of a fire... the cable could melt and no open for you...er... me.

There is no "good" location for hood pins....that was my first attempt to fix the problem without actually fixing it correctly.

I was gonna fab a bracket to mount the pins, but, given the location of the battery, I haven't found a convenient way to do that yet.

I am now thinking that I will just get some of the latches that the CJ/DJ/YJ/TJ used to hold their hoods closed. :D

Oh, but wait, I'm trying to sell the thing. I MUST remember that!

You couldn't just mount the pins on top of the radiator support? I am trying to picture it in my head, and I would think it would work.

That would put the pins very close to the edge of the hood.

For me, this is a problem because the purdy lil round chrome plates would need to be trimmed along the edge of the hood and they wouldn't be round anymore. Alternatively, I could use fender washers instead of the purdy lil round chrome plates, but then I wouldn't have the purdy lil round chrome plates.

what would you need something round on a square XJ? Trim them to be square... like the 80's.

Like I said... The 80's

1969 1/2?

Back