• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

photos and story of last weekends trip to URE

I never said that only said that I know joshooha and know that he would do whats right. If its return the spring he borrowed to get home I'm sure he would do it. I guess you have never done nothing wrong?

Oh lots of times and I learned from them the hard way.

Like I said I am not saying he is a bad person by any means, I am wanting people to understand that its not ok to remove parts from a rig that is not theres or that they haven't been oked to do so by said owner of rig.

This thread was stating that as long as its a must do than its ok.

Your assuming the Jeep is abandoned as did everyone else that came upon it. If I left my Jeep I would pull the tag, so it wouldn't be stolen also.

Really? If my Jeep ever breaks in Uwharrie I certainly wouldn't pull the tag. My Jeep would also only be sitting just long enough for me to get to parts house to gather the things necessary to fix it. Then again I also don't wheel alone, so there'd probably be somebody there to watch it, or more likely we'd come up with a solution to tow it safely back to our camp site.

Never the less, this thread is headed downhill quickly. If you'd like to continue the argument, feel free to PM me.

So just because you wouldn't do it means someone who obviously doesnt have much experience (Stocker) wouldn't do it.

Burrells point is, this is something that cannot be condoned, not 1 of you said "hey stealing parts is wrong" Hell, My XJ sat on my land untouched for months, does that mean its okay for you to come steal parts just because its been sitting for a while.

I understand trail fixes, and I understand the need to get home, but that doesn't make stealing parts right, under any circumstances.

Everyone gets the point that taking the leaf spring was wrong/against the law.

The new point is people who have met Josh knows he is a good honest guy and that he will correct his actions in a responsible manner as necessary.

I don't think this thread needs to continue any longer and further the character defamation. Everyone's point has been made, leave it alone and go back to your preferred forum unless there is NEW constructive discussion.

Went back and reread what I posted to begin with, and I went about this all wrong. Didn't intend to try and call anyone out, Sorry about that.

I see now how that was wrong and I should have done it in a completely different way.

Josh, sorry if I came off the wrong way. Got a little narrow minded there and I apologize for that.

Its kinda like one of the those moments where your standing back and watching something and you think I need to say something, But in reality you should have thought it though a little more before saying something. I had one of those moments.

Again I am sorry for the way I came across.

The Jeep is obviously in terrible shape. I would even be willing to bet that any insurance company would total that - with or without that one leaf spring.

That being said - we all know that taking things without asking is wrong and sometimes illegal. Sometimes, however, there's nobody that gives a flying ffffffff.

well guys I'm finally able to get to a computer and I'm glad to see you all have opinions (though some may be narrow minded, they are still valid opinions). Thanks to all my buds that defended me through the ignorance being portrayed here.

The point of me starting this thread was to not brag or boast about "stealing" parts. It was suppose to inspire some of you unexperienced guys to use your head to get your broken rig off the trail. I was hoping to hear some other stories about how some of you got your broken rig off the trail, but some didn't quite get that point apparently.

As for this XJ, I actually debated overnight before taking the spring (thanks for making me feel like a complete piece of crap for doing it by the way). Over the course of the night I had 3 different people stop by where I was on the trail head asking if I needed help and each one told me about this XJ, and each one of them had about the same story as to why it was there.

From what I gathered the reason it was there was that some guys bought it for 200 bucks already totaled with no title. They drove it up there with another rig following them and they just beat the hell out of it, rolled it, smashed it against a tree and it finally died. They towed it back out to 109, took the tag off it, beat the rest of the windows out of it, left the keys in the ignition and ditched. Granted, yes this was a dick move and I don't condone any person to act like such a fool. The rangers were out there late Saturday afternoon and saw it, they knew it was there and it was to my understanding that it was going to be towed on Sunday. Throughout the course of Saturday night people came by and took parts, gas tank got dropped (because it had a full tank of gas), someone came and took both driveshafts..etc etc.

I will not elaborate or argue this "issue" any further. But thanks again to the guys that actually know me and my personality.

So can we get back to keeping this thread about how YOU got YOUR rig off the trail, and help give all of us a nice guideline of what we can do in case something breaks?

Back