• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Phantom TTS

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So I bought another one. Wife put the Cabriolet into the curb the first time it snowed. All tire, no damage, but the writing is on the wall for the convertible. Putting her back in the AWD A4 that she has no issues navigating the snowy/icy roads with. I picked this up for dirt cheap because the miles are high. One owner with a long commute. Grabbed it for less than trade in value after the dealer sat on it for 6 months. It needs some love but nothing serious. It was a Canadian TTS and when they brought it over the cheapos swapped in a standard US TT cluster. I will be replacing it with a US TTS cluster. Will also need to swap out the climate control as the knob is in Celsius. It has some cheap Tire Rack brand 18" wheels on it. Pretty sure the rear two are bent as all of the air runs out of the tires that look to be new. I will be putting MY 2013 factory 19's back on it. For the most part that is really it, very nicely optioned. Listed as a Premium Plus but I am leaning towards a Prestige package given the option list.

Phantom Black Pearl
Madras Brown Optic Fine Nappa Leather
Audi Navigation plus and Audi music interface
BOSE sound system with 12 speakers
Parking system with rear sensors
Audi S magnetic ride—10-mm lowered ride height

20161208102502-febe82f7.jpg

20161208102504-7b2ab322.jpg

20161208102504-6aa285c8.jpg

20161208102504-48f97522.jpg

What year? What makes this a better TT? Meaning, what's the "S" do for it?

Interesting baseball style stitching on the seats.

Never really been a fan of the TT styling but I imagine it is fun to drive! Is it AWD?

Yessir, it is quattro, 2012 model year.

It has the basic S appearance additions. Different bumpers, side skirts, wheels, quad exhaust. Here are the mechanical differences:

Standard TT - 2.0-liter turbocharged: Intercooled, DOHC four-cylinder gasoline engine with Audi TFSI® direct injection. Horsepower: 211 hp @ 4,300-6,000 rpm / Torque: 258 lb-ft @ 1,600–4,200 rpm

TTS - 2.0-liter turbocharged: Intercooled, DOHC four-cylinder gasoline engine with Audi TFSI® direct injection. Horsepower: 265 hp @ 6,000 rpm / Torque: 258 lb-ft @ 2,500–5,000 rpm (forged internals) 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

Standard TT - 312x25 vented front rotors, 286x12 solid rear rotors

TTS - 340x30 vented front rotors, 310x22 vented rear rotors

I would like to find a set of TTRS brakes to swap on.

370x32 vented 2 piece front rotors (rear is the same as the S) with 4 piston Brembo Calipers.

Standard TT - MacPherson strut front suspension, Four-link rear suspension

TTS - Audi Magnetic Ride, The available magnetic struts are filled with a special fluid that can change its viscosity instantly by introducing an electromagnetic charge, helping give you the right dampening forces for nearly every situation. Activate Audi magnetic ride by engaging sport mode, and along with enhanced handling, you’ll also get a more amplified exhaust note.

That thing sure looks cool. :D

Thanks.

I opted for 2013 MY 19x9 star alloys. Those should get here next week. Not sure on rubber yet, it won't be Continentals, need to go a little cheaper. I honestly was not expecting to do tires right away. But the junk wheels currently on the car forced my hand.

4307bac524034edc9f8be45d8d4718ab.jpg

I think I like the black wheels better......... :dunno:

Do you have the car now? Or did you buy it out of state, waiting for transport?

Cheaper than Continentals? Thought they were already pretty reasonable. What are you looking at for tires?

Where'd you get it?

I would have recommended the Yokohama Parada Spec X....... but apparently they don't do 19's.

After spending some quality time with the ride the dealer and I had a difference of opinion on the overall condition. It's going back to Utah........:passgas:

:badpc:

Back