• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

passenger airbag

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Reader beware, there is no information here that says this method is safe nor encouraged to check your airbags, do your research and play it safe. Absolutely disconnect the battery for a long period of time and let capacitors drain down before you attempt to disconnect/reconnect any airbag.

Recently Ive tried using 2ohm resistors to check an intermittent airbag light. With the resistors in there is no airbag light while driving. Upon trying the drivers airbag hooked up with a resistor in the passenger side there was also no light, then reconnecting the passenger airbag and the driver side airbag still connected, the airbag light became intermittent again. I assume a high end scanner runs a test to accomplish the same result and point you to the faulty airbag?

At this point is it safe to say the passenger airbag is faulty?

and if so, Where on earth do you buy a new airbag if this is still something we can buy for these vehicles?

Thank You for any help you can provide.

I have installed previously owned airbags in several wrecked and repaired XJ's. The entire system is self testing at each start-up, so if the Airbag Light turns OFF the system should be ready.

So disconnecting the passenger side airbag fixes the intermittent airbag light? I think lots of folks here might call that the fix, given how many ask about disabling the airbags. Google found a used one for $42, otherwise you're looking at close to $200 for new.

https://deadjeep.com/collections/ai...e-xj-passenger-airbag-air-bag-dash-5ge02lazaa

yes disconnecting the Airbag and adding a resistor to the passenger side ( in place of the airbag) removed the airbag light!

well it sounds like you guys may have had some success with used airbags, that more of my budget, but where did you find that price on a new airbag? I dont see these anywhere online.

Back