• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Party for MJR - July 21st

corbinafly said:
How much space left in the cabin Robert?
Kyung

I was just figuring that out. The "private" rooms are spoken for as is the sofa-bed in the den.

There is still the sofabed in the living room, not so private with a party going on. There is the room that sleeps 4, with at least 3 folks slated. The shared room has a bunkbed, a trendle (sp?) bed, and another bed.

Then, there is tons of floor space....

rpraterxj said:
I was just figuring that out. The "private" rooms are spoken for as is the sofa-bed in the den.

There is still the sofabed in the living room, not so private with a party going on. There is the room that sleeps 4, with at least 3 folks slated. The shared room has a bunkbed, a trendle (sp?) bed, and another bed.

Then, there is tons of floor space....

Robert,

Am I one of those 3? :D Per our backchannel e-mails.

It looks like I'll be driving up Saturday morning. What time is line-up Sat AM? So is dinner being provided then (because you said "help with food" earlier)?

Oh, and thanks for spearheading this.

Jump This said:
WTF Robert?
You don't need any of my help?

F U U F'N F!

:D

Dead cow? Chips? Sauza? Beer?

What?

I love you too

I believe I posted to bring whatever you want, or to let me know how you want to help.

This week I need to get the food taken care, so.... I am thinking that fokls can just bring food. If you are not able, or do not bring food, then you will be asked to donate to help cover for the food.

I will probably grab some hamburgers and hotdogs. I believe there is a BBQ at the cabin - which I will confirm tomorrow.

If folks want to bring chicken, carne asada, or other meat, please do so. You can always bring the food to the cabin BEFORE we meet at the discovery center.

I will start a FOOD post tomorrow...

So Rick, brink some F'n food.....

Oh yeah, it will by a BYOB for beverages... maybe some of the folks that brew their own will show up with some special stuff...

I will have a cooler with ice, so please bring your favorite beverages and maybe another cooler or two...

mikedashg said:
Robert,

Am I one of those 3? :D Per our backchannel e-mails.

It looks like I'll be driving up Saturday morning. What time is line-up Sat AM? So is dinner being provided then (because you said "help with food" earlier)?

Oh, and thanks for spearheading this.

Hi Mike,

Yep, you are one of the 3...

As for meeting on Sat Am, it's 8:30 at the Discovery Center. FOlks are encouraged to bring anything for the party to the cabin before hand.

Plan on leaving the Discovery Center at 9:00 AM.

I am still looking for someone to lead the difficult run - leader chooses trails, but folks have mentioned interest in Deep Creek, Holcomb Creek, and John Bull.

Dinner - I will start a new thread tomorrow regarding food. Some folks have said they can bring things. So I am thinking we will have a nice selection and for those who can't/don't bring food can donate some cash to pay for the basics - hot dogs, burgers, etc...

Look for the food post tomorrow!

rpraterxj said:
I love you too

I believe I posted to bring whatever you want, or to let me know how you want to help.

This week I need to get the food taken care, so.... I am thinking that fokls can just bring food. If you are not able, or do not bring food, then you will be asked to donate to help cover for the food.

I will probably grab some hamburgers and hotdogs. I believe there is a BBQ at the cabin - which I will confirm tomorrow.

If folks want to bring chicken, carne asada, or other meat, please do so. You can always bring the food to the cabin BEFORE we meet at the discovery center.

I will start a FOOD post tomorrow...

So Rick, brink some F'n food.....

Oh yeah, it will by a BYOB for beverages... maybe some of the folks that brew their own will show up with some special stuff...

I will have a cooler with ice, so please bring your favorite beverages and maybe another cooler or two...

Yeah?!
Well let me tell you buddy, I'm SPECIAL and deserve special treatment here!!
Ever since they let me ride on the 'special' bus to school I have been lead to believe that I am THAT!
So you damn well better come up with something I need to do other than 'Bring food!'
My dogs eat 'food!'
No pressure buddy, its your show!

:roflmao:

Rick

mattyj said:
I'll be ready for a night run with you Robert...... lets put something together.

The night run all depends on when I get to leave OC. My mother-in-law is going to watch our son. She is trying to get Friday off of work. If she does, then we plan on leaving no later than 2:00 PM. If she can not, we will ahev to wait until she comes down or just bring him with us.

I will post up as soon as we her from her.

If you need accomodations, you can call the lady listed below. She can hook you with a great deal on your own cabin or a nice hotel. There is a hotel very close to the party cabin, about 1/2 mile away.

JJ will give you a great price for this weekend! Better than Motel6 and closer to the party!

Contact J.J. McClelland @ 800 966-9971 or e-mail [email protected]

www.bigbear1.com

Just tell her with the Jeep club and Mike's party! She can also hook you up
whenever you want to go to Big Bear.

Back