• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Party for MJR - July 21st

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

We were trying to set-up a surprise party for Mike Rollins. SURPRISE!!!

We have not received the interest we thought we would, but it was hard to tro to plan it without posting, so here it is.

There will be a belated birthday party for Miek Rollins. It will be in Big Bear on Sat, July 21st, in the evening. It will be at a cabin (yet to be determined).

There will be wheeling during the day. See this thread for that:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=921932

There will be a Luau themed party that evening.

If you need or want to stay in a cabin, please PM me and I will provide you a lady to call for pricing. We do have a HUGE cabin selected, but we need folks to commit and provide a deposit. If we do not get enough people to help pay for the big cabin, then the party will be held a smaller one, and folks will haev to leave at a certain time. Here is the cabin we want to use: http://www.bigbear1.com/units/0619.html

There are only a couple of "private" rooms there and they have been tentatively spoken for. Mike will get his own room. He can share if he wants... LOL

If you prefer, there is always camping and local lodging.

We do need some help with the party. Need help decorating, providing food, etc...

If you want to wheel, please post in the other thread.

Please post in this thread for cabin and party.

I need some help from you all. Mike has done tons for a lot of folks.

The reason we are having it this late is because of Mike's schedule. he is England for 2 weeks (poor bastard) wheeling and sightseeing... He has been working on other's people Jeeps the past several weeks. So July 21st was the first weekend he had available.

Post up - lend a hand, share the cabin... come have some fun!

Jump This said:
Let me know what I can help with.
I'm open for anything...cooking, providing some food, hula dancers, whateva' sawsall...

Rick

X2, I will bring a cooler of beverages and soda as well. I am sure that my wife will be there to help with the decorations. I will talk to Tony, TCM_GLX, he gets the best carne asada that have had in a long time. If he comes I am sure that he wont mind picking it up and we all chip in.

Leep

GrimmJeeper said:
i would come just to see rick in a grass skirt lastara

Fixd it fer ya'

Well, there's goes the surprise element. They DO have the Internet in England, you know. :)

xjohnnyc said:
Well, there's goes the surprise element. They DO have the Internet in England, you know. :)

SURPRISE!
surprise.jpg

:D

xjohnnyc said:

Really? Have they got tooth brushes yet... LOL

I know, but I could not get the response needed for the cabin.

This will be a blast and now folks can plan accordingly....

I'd be happy to bring food for Saturday if that's of any help. :)

Unfortunately we will not be able to stay overnight, so not sure of how much use that will be. Feel free to email me.

Just to be clear, there will be wheeling on Saturday. Meeting at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 8:30 AM. There will be at least 2 groups: one moderate run - Gold Mtn, maybe John Bull. one difficult - Deep Creek and Holcomb Creek. If there is other interest, then we can even have a 3rd group as long as there is a leader for it.

Then re-group in the evening for the party. I will send out the addrss once the plans are solidifed.

Lots of folks will be spending the night somewhere in the Big Bear area. There will be optional runs on Sunday, so meet at the Discovery Center at 9:00 AM.

Thanks

Hey gang,

I am working on details for the cabin(s) today.

There will be several folks coming up on Friday afternoon/evening.

For those who are coming either day, please reply and let me know when you plan on arriving, where you plan to stay, and how many people are in your party.

We want plan for food and such. If you can bring food or help with set-up or serving, please let em know that as well.

Thank you all

Jump This said:
How many friggin' times do I got to tell you?
:D

I will be there, have my own bed (if escrow closes on time!)
and let me know what you need.

Rick

So, does this mean you will be there...

When are you coming up? If I can get up in there in time, I want to do a night run! Never doen one before....

4xSanta said:
I'm in......SANTA

Awesome! May I ask which of your 4.5 Jeeps you will be bringing?? LOL

How are you doing?

When are you planning on coming up - Fri or Sat? Staying overnight somewhere or need cabin space?

rpraterxj said:
Awesome! May I ask which of your 4.5 Jeeps you will be bringing?? LOL

How are you doing?

When are you planning on coming up - Fri or Sat? Staying overnight somewhere or need cabin space?

I will be driving up sat. afternoon in the 99 mall cruser and I was planing on staying with my B.B. boty call but what cabin space is available?Am feeling great had my sons check my head after the Doc and they said it was only the Lucas ATF I run and for me not to worry,I cant't remember who gets my toys in the event of my demise but I think I have a good idea.I feel really bad that I am letting Robert down at Calico but I don't have any junk ready for that run,but I shall return!.........SANTA

rpraterxj said:
I'll be up there Friday afternoon. I am camping at Serrano with the girls.

I'll be ready for a night run with you Robert...... lets put something together.

I need to get my arse in gear about where we are staying....we might not be able to come until late Friday night....

Still trying to decide if I'll be able to make it for Friday night or just the Saturday run. We'll see. How much space left in the cabin Robert?

Kyung

Back