• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out: Heavily modified 99

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I think the time has come. I'm contemplating selling my XJ to get a more fuel efficient vehicle. With that said, I may consider trades for vehicles 2003 and newer that can achieve a minimum of 24 miles per gallon City. If I'm unable to sell as a whole I may consider a part-out. Here we go...

1999 jeep cherokee sport

Drivetrain:

*4.0 L with 156,000 miles.
*AX-15 rebuilt 1,500 miles ago
*HD NP231 23 spline with HD SYE rebuilt 1500 miles ago
*Dana 30 front axle with detroit locker, 4.10 gears, HD Lower control arms, TNT truss and upper control arm mounts. OTA Track bar mount. T&J gusset kit. Brand new Dana Ball Joints
*Ford 8.8 w/disc brakes and LSD. 4.10 gears. Also has TNT Anti-wrap Leaf Perches raised to add 1" lift.

Suspension and Shocks:

*RC 4.5" Lift with full leaf packs.
*Home brew Y-link long arms
*2" Teraflex coil spacer
*1" JKS Boomerang shackle
*Bilstein 7100's in front
*Bilstein 5150's in rear

Armor/Recovery:

*Nates Slimline Winch bumper with Champion 10LB Winch
*JCR Rear upper Quarter Panels with Integrated Tail light boxes w/ LED's
*Confer Roof Rack
*Tomken Rear bumper with 2" receiver, and Tomken tire carrier
*Hi-lift Jack 62"
*Stage 3 Rock Rails
*D-Ring Shackle in 2" receiver hole

Wheels/Tires:

*Mickey Thompson 15" sidebiter wheels
*BFG A/T 33/12.5/15

Additional Exterior Add-ons:

*Jeep 2500 front clip with HID H4 headlights
*Lund visor with marker lights
*Decepticon front Grille Emblem
*3ft. Wilson CB antenna
*Flowmaster super 44 muffler dumped before axle

Lighting:

*(2) Hella 500 pencil beams
*(2) Hella 500 Black Magic
*(2) Police Spot lights in A-pillars
*5 meters of White LED lights that turn on under the vehicle when you open the door.
*HID 6000k 35w ballast Head lights
*LED interior conversion (including gauges)

Steering/Brakes:

*WJ brake upgrade w/ WJ knuckles
*Rubicon Express SS brake lines
*WJ Tie-rod and Drag link cut and sleeved to length.
*1" Drop Pitman Arm
*GT Grant 4 spoke black steering wheel
*Rusty Adjustable Trac-bar
*2002 Ford sport trac rotors

Under the hood Mods:

*K&N CAI
*Red top Optima Battery
*Semi Air Horns
*Hood Pins

*Also I just replaced the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor yesterday and have (2) new o2 sensors on the way.

Interior:

*WJ Leather Seats
*7" monitor flip out on radio
*Infinity Tweeters
*Green Monster skull shifter
*Overhead console with rocker switches installed for Hella lights
*Toggle switch ignition System with push button engine start
*Jeep Floor mats front and rear
*Tactical seat covers with pockets EVERYWHERE!
*Webdogs Tool box with sliding drawers

The Jeep is my DD and is currently registered and smogged. Has a Full tank of gas too ;)
I've owned this XJ for 2 years and am the 2nd owner. I hate to get rid of it but I'm going to be doing a lot of highway driving in the next year and need optimal fuel mileage. I hope this XJ can make another person as happy as it has made me. Would like to get $7,500 for it. I've got double that in parts into it alone.

Pictures HERE :wave1:

Last edited:
Re: FS: 99 XJ Heavily Modded

Alright I found the car I want and it's $7,000! With that said, price is now $7,000. Need her gone within a week before someone else snatches it up!

Perhaps. I'll know in a few hours if i'm parting it or selling as a whole. If your interested in something, post up. Will post prices later

I would be interested in the drop pitman arm and the air horns
$40 and they're yours. The air horns are made out of plastic and it has a small air compressor. It's not a "real" semi horn set up. Just the $60 o'reilly type.

I'd be interested in the 8.8, the leaf springs, and the rock rails....and the front bumper... lol :)

*8.8 is a 31 spline, has LSD, Disc brakes. It has 3.55 gears installed right now but will sell it with the 4.10 gears if you want them. It has the TNT anti wrap leaf perches with U-Bolt Eliminators and TNT HD shock Mounts. I'd let it go for $400. Here's a link to some of the hardware http://www.tntcustoms.com/u-bolteliminiators.aspx

*I'd like to sell the Lift as a whole instead of parting the springs out. Unless of course someone is interested in buying the coils as well.

*Front bumper I'd like to sell for $400 but would sell cheaper to someone buyer multiple parts. The actual bumper that is on my jeep can be seen here http://nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=77 My jeep is the green one.

*Rock Rails $200

Would sell all the items to you for $1000, so I'll throw the leaf springs in for free. Also, I'm sure we could set up a parts train.

Last edited:

Drivetrain:
*HD NP231 23 spline with HD SYE rebuilt 1500 miles ago...$400
*Dana 30 front axle with detroit locker, 4.10 gears, HD Lower control arms, TNT truss and upper control arm mounts. OTA Track bar mount. T&J gusset kit. Brand new Dana Ball Joints....$800! Also comes with WJ brake conversion COMPLETE

*Ford 8.8 w/disc brakes and LSD. 4.10 gears or 3.55. Also has TNT Anti-wrap Leaf Perches raised to add 1" lift....$400

Suspension and Shocks:

*RC 4.5" Coil Springs...$100
*RC 4.5" Lift with full leaf pack..$200
*Home brew Y-link long arms.....$300
*2" Teraflex coil spacer............$25
*1" JKS Boomerang shackles.....$30
*Bilstein 7100's 12" SB 255/100.......$200
*Bilstein 5150's Brand new 255/70....$200

Armor/Recovery:

*Nates Slimline Winch bumper..$400
*Champion 10LB Winch...$200
*JCR Rear upper Quarter Panels with Integrated Tail light boxes w/ LED's...$200
*Confer Roof Rack..$200
*Tomken Rear bumper with 2" receiver, and Tomken tire carrier...$400
*Hi-lift Jack 62"...$50
*Stage 3 Rock Rails..$200
*Removable D-Ring Shackle in 2" receiver hole..$20

Wheels/Tires:

*Mickey Thompson 15" sidebiter wheels with BFG A/T 33/12.5/15....$700

Additional Exterior Add-ons:

*Jeep 2500 front clip, Fenders, with HID 35w ballast headlights...$350
*Lund visor with marker lights...$100
*Decepticon front Grille Emblem..NOT FOR SALE ;)
*3ft. Wilson CB antenna...$20

Lighting:

*(2) Hella 500 pencil beams...$50
*(2) Hella 500 Black Magic ....$150

Steering/Brakes:

*WJ brake upgrade w/ WJ knuckles..Comes with sale of D30 (700.00 Value)
*Rubicon Express SS brake lines..$50
*WJ Tie-rod and Drag link cut and sleeved to length..Comes with sale of D30
*1" Drop Pitman Arm...$30
*Rusty Adjustable Trac-bar....$60
*2002 Ford sport trac rotors..Comes with sale of D30 ($100.00 value)

Under the hood Mods:

*K&N CAI...$150

Interior:

*WJ Leather Power Seats.....$200
*7" monitor flip out on radio.$200
*Stock Infinity Tweeters.......$40

Last edited:

The goal is to get this thing back to as stock as possible and drivable. That way I can still sell the vehicle itself for $2000. So if anyone wants to donate their stock parts after purchasing my parts you are more than welcome to. Thanks guys.

1" JKS Boomerang shackles.....$30

Ill take them. PayPal?

1" JKS Boomerang shackles.....$30

Ill take them. PayPal?
Please note, it might take me a week to take off some of these parts. Particularly suspension components and drive line components.
Paypal email is [email protected]

You may pay now but again, it may take a week for me to take the part off if it a suspension or driveline component

That's not a problem. I might be able to come and pick it up when it's ready. I go to pismo quite often. I'll PayPal you tonight.

Thanks
Justin.

That's not a problem. I might be able to come and pick it up when it's ready. I go to pismo quite often. I'll PayPal you tonight.

Thanks
Justin.
Sounds good.

Parts Sold so far:
Rock Rails
SS Lines
Hi lift
Shackles

Rims/tires Sold
D30 sold
Leaf springs sold
Front bumper ...pending

Can also call or text me at 805 550 9983 for quicker response. Will be working till 1am so any picture requests will be sent tomorrow

**rims/tires back up for sell

The hella lights, are those prices per each or per pair?? I'm interested if there per pair! Also I have some 1 1/2 front coils I can send your way if you want. Depending on when opxj2010 is going up there maybe he can help with a train. Also depending on timing I might have the old rear leafs off my xj and can offer front coils and leafs, leafs have a an AAL in them and sit about 3 1/2 inches.

Let me know about the price for the lights, also can you post pics? Also you have done a lot since I saw your jeep last, I'm the guy that bought that black jeep off you a couple years back.

Back