• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 97 XJ

EnderUSAF

NAXJA Forum User
Well since I've decided to build up an MJ I'll be parting out some of my XJ. The majority of parts from my XJ will be going over to the MJ, but I figured I'd get rid of parts now that I can part with. I will be re-using the engine, tranny, and xfer case so those items won't be going up for sale.

Here's what's on the list so far.

- Doors (the rear doors have been modified to slide in and out like wrangler doors the fronts have not. The rear doors also have a few screw holes in them where the bushwhackers where once mounted.)

- Bushwhacker Fender Flares (These have been modified in the rear since I had cut my rear quarter panel, to make them matched I chopped off the bottom half of the rear flares to match the body.)

- Bench seat

- Rear stock sound bar

- The stock amplifier that came in my jeep. (pretty sure it's infinity)

- Rear hatch

-More to come after I start swapping parts over

-------------------------------------------------------------

Items I know won't be using but still need for now to keep the jeep mobile.

- Chrysler 8.25 29 spline axle (lincoln locked)
- Dana 30 front axle
- Possibly the rock sliders9

Items to be sold in the tucson area. Here's what I've got so far.

Bench seat - $35

DSC01193.jpg

Stock jeep ininity amp - $25

DSC01191.jpg

Sound bar (has a few slices in the cloth) $30

DSC01189.jpg

1/4 Steel box tube bumper (the hitch below is not attached) - $70

DSC01188.jpg

Doors $85 takes them all (rears are modified to slide in and out easily. All wiring still there though if you want to wire back up the windows).

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

Bushwhacker fender flares (made for a pre 97 XJ's, but they seemed to fit my 97 ok, rear portion of the back flares is cut off since I cut the rear quarter panel of my XJ.) - $50

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

Stock front skid plate- $35

DSC01182.jpg

All profits will be used to get my commanche out here to arizona, and help built it up. So it's almost like charity work for the poor when you buy my stuff lol.

Just noticed my screen fell off my speaker when I put some stuff in the rear of my jeep. I still have the screen for that side and it's not messed up and will go right back in.

I'm also willing to trade.........

I'm currently on the lookout for either a full width ford hp44 or 60 front axle. Or anything else that might peak my interest.

copbait said:
how much for the 8.25, and how long do you think before you can let that go?

Not sure just yet..... I'm keeping the axle on for now to keep the XJ mobile, and I still need to go to california to pick up my MJ which may be a few weeks.

Adding to the list------

Rear hatch window or complete hatch ( the window is about 1 year old and tinted, since I put a keg through the last one on accident, don't ask!) - Make an offer on it. Would be great just for a spare window however the hatch mechanism is a little jacked up and doesn't like to open sometimes unless you put a key in and turn and open at the same time. Either way it will be a steal just for the replacement cost of a rear hatch window. 40 bucks takes it.

Rear windows, 35 bucks for both of them or 20 bucks for one side only. Again good condition tint in place already and good for a spare in case you break one.

3 Stock oh shit handles- 5 bucks takes em all.

Hidden hitch- 40 bucks

Last edited:
Back