• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting Out 97 XJ (5.3L)

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
LOCAL PICK UP ONLY!

Parting it out.
Engine/Drivetrain
Engine, tranny (needs to be rebuilt), T-case, harness (with boxes), Novak Headers, Novak Radiator.
$1800

Suspension
Front and rear Dana44's With Longarms, rear four link, crossmembers built for a rig with frame stiffeners ( I can modify if needed)
Eaton E-Lockers
4.88's
Bilstein Shocks 5100's up front, 5165 out back and RE Springs on all four corners.
Pics here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1084578
$2000

5 Each Mickey Thompson MTZ Radials on MTZ ClassicII's (Black Alloy's)
Less than 500 miles on the tires, some rockrash on the rims.
35x12x50x15
No, I'm not going to separate 'em.
$1500

Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier (for 5 on 5.5) Wheel.
This is a one of a kind and it's F*ckin' AWESOME!
Yes the hub locks and unlocks to allow the wheel to spin, the pivot/hinge is also a D44 hub/spindle/manual locking hubs and can lock in any position. This bumper is set up for a cut and fold quarter panel. If you gotta ask what that means...it ain't for you.
$850

14ilmd4.jpg

fwqgck.jpg

ml30gj.jpg

29nwgee.jpg

Serious OffRoad Front Bumper
Prerunner style, built 1/4" wider between the framerail mounts for rigs that have been upgraded with 1/8"stiffeners up front. Looks just like this one:
Fr_Bmpr_1_shadov2.jpg

Ramsey Platinum 9K winch
Wireless Remote
Synthetic 3/8" Wire Rope
$650

Front Doors, Pass Rear Door (That makes 3, not 4).
GunMetal Pearl. Got these from Troy, not gonna need them now.
Just doors, no innards, panels, trim or glass.
$75 for all 3

I'll add more later.

LOCAL PICK UP ONLY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes! This is a great deal - good luck with selling!!

I wish I had the coin!!!

Frank,

If in good shape I need:

- an OEM steering wheel
- center dash(black plastic cover piece)
- all the air conditioning vents

If you want I can swap my current steering wheel. You may want to still be able to still this part out Jeep until everything is gone. Mine has just been cut up my the previous owner, and has a crapy steering wheel cover on it.

I'd be interested in the front long arms.

I've received a few inquires about the engine/drivetrain package and a few people seem to think the price is too high. Let me explain...
This is a turn key package that includes the Radiator (Novak)with Dual e-Fans
5.3L Vortec V8
Novak Headers (These are the only headers that fit without frame rail modification)
COMPLETE Engine Harness with the PCM, TAC Module (for DRIVE BY WIRE Throttle), price these out and then you'll understand why this deal keeps getting better and better.
Gas peddle assy.
4l65E tranny (yes it needs to be repaired/rebuilt) with the Torque converter and custom stainless steel braided cooler lines.
Hybred NP231C/D/J transfercase with a JB Conversions NP231C short shaft kit...with a massive 32 Spline output.
Both drive shafts (may or may not suit everyones needs)
T-case Shifter Linkage
Transmission shifter and cable
97, 20 gallon fuel tank with the correct fuel pump and adapter ring already installed.
Custom made braided stainless steel fuel lines.
The COMPLETE VDO GAUGE CLUSTER.

This is FAWESOME package at a stupid low price, so unless you can put together the same package for less money....please keep your PM's to yourself.

The gauge cluster is freakin' awesome. Almost too pretty for a jeep.

Take payments on that rear carrier?!? ;) That has ALWAYS been what I've wanted on my jeep..

Dammit Frank..... That 5.3 would be awesome in my dually project.

Is the engine/trans wiring stand alone? Or is it integrated with the '97 wiring?

Just wondering what kind of issues I'd run into putting it into a Renix era MJ.....

I think $1800 is a bargain. I may have my white MJ sold Friday..... Might need a 5.3....

Is the hood available? Exhaust too?

Back