• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Palin Resigns!

Personally, I think people that like Palin politically, to this very day (with the benefit of hindsight), are still thinking with their d__ks. Most Republicans recognize the grave task they'll have in 2012, and they recognize they'll need someone with legitimate/ intelligible ideas (for everyone) rather than someone with an ass most guys wouldn't mind tapping a few times (myself included).

Look, I have no problems with George Bush Jr or Sarah Palin from a personal standpoint; I think they're nice folks, but - whether you like it or not - America's an elite country; it needs elite leaders (democrat or republican alike - I really don't care). What it doesn't need is someone that garners votes because they look like they'd be fun at a picnic or behind the barbeque shed.

I think that every country needs a better-class of politican, and it's upto us to keep them to those standards.

So you are basically saying Palin isn't a legitimate candidate for leadership because she happens to be attractive?

So you are basically saying Palin isn't a legitimate candidate for leadership because she happens to be attractive?
I just think we're willing to forgive attractive people for all sorts of ridiculous things. Megan Fox is an excellent example. Amongst many of her colorful comments, she once said the following:

If you eat Chinese food, your farts come out like Chinese food. If you eat Mexican food, your farts come out like Mexican food. And milk, it’s like—you can smell the warmth in the fart. My wardrobe on Transformers always smells like farts, and I have no idea why."

.. but one look at this pic, and we love her once more. God forbid Joe Biden (he won't be winning any beauty contests anytime soon) said something similar.

Last edited:
I just think we're willing to forgive attractive people for all sorts of ridiculous things. Megan Fox is an excellent example. Amongst many of her colorful comments, she once said the following:

So, in so many words, you are really saying, its not because she is attractive, it's because you think American's can't look past that fact to make unbiased decisions.

So, in so many words, you are really saying, its not because she is attractive, it's because you think American's can't look past that fact to make unbiased decisions.
knock it off, your spoutin off too much common sence, its confusing the hell out of me, and all the democrats:rattle:

I don't like Megan Fox, I just think she's hot. Besides forgiving an actress a retarded quote is very different from forgiving a possible president. Who cares if she's intelligent? All Megan is entrusted with is entertaining us, not running the country.

I know exactly what you mean. I also think it is unfair to say that we as a society would forgive a female President, for mistakes made in office, easier than any other former President simply because she is attractive..............(n)

The news channels swarmed with comments regarding Palin's attractiveness immediately after John McCain selected her as his running mate. Later they commented on her popularity with the male demographic (statistical figures).

So as much as I'd like to put this argument to bed, I have to reaffirm that we're more likely to select attractive people. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it happens.

I don't like Megan Fox, I just think she's hot. Besides forgiving an actress a retarded quote is very different from forgiving a possible president. Who cares if she's intelligent? All Megan is entrusted with is entertaining us, not running the country.

I used megan fox as an example. If she doesn't float your boat than pick someone else that does and use them in my generalization. It won't change the nature of my point.

Society in general, is more forgiving of attractive people. A hot chick can get away with murder. But most men would not vote for an attractive female politician based on her looks. As a matter of fact, I would be less likely to place my trust in an attractive female politician just because of that double standard. The same would apply to an attractive woman going for any important job; doctor, lawyer, police officer, firefighter, soldier, etc. Alot of people are not going to trust a hot chick to perform their heart surgery or run their country.

I used megan fox as an example. If she doesn't float your boat than pick someone else that does and use them in my generalization. It won't change the nature of my point.

Sure it would. The problem you are going to run into with any example is that all of the attractive people you will come up with will likely reside in the entertainment industry. That is their job, so we really don't give a shit if they are dumb or a raving lunatic. Back to Palin, of course she is gonna be popular with men. She embodies everything that most men love. But, on the same note, did they poll Obama's popularity with men, or McCain? No, they ran a bias poll to try and capitalize on the fact that she is an attractive woman. We have never had a woman, an attractive one at that, reach that level of office. So all you can offer are assumptions based on how men or people in general view attractive people in any aspect that is not politics.

Those are noble comments (far nobler than mine I must admit), and I sincerely hope they're true. Of coarse, if we strip appearance from this debate than we must judge Palin on her political substance (her quotes, her actions, her composure under pressure), and - for the lack of a better term - it isn't pretty.

Those are noble comments (far nobler than mine I must admit), and I sincerely hope they're true. Of coarse, if we strip appearance from this debate than we must judge Palin on her political substance (her quotes, her actions, her composure under pressure), and - for the lack of a better term - it isn't pretty.

I must admit, that comment was "pretty" funny, got a chuckle out of me. :clap:

I wonder how much of the "entertain value" is involved here, in the politcal selection process. Ronald Reagon (previously an actor.....) comes to mind.

As an independent conservative I have very mixed feelings about Palin.

I think she is an honest, down to earth, good hearted person who did in fact do a lot for Alaska.

When she first came on the scene as the VP nominee I really liked her and I still do but, the longer she was around the more she started to scare me.

I really worried about her ability to run this country. It wouldn't keep me from voting for McCain. It's pretty obvious that candidates only pick the VP's as assassination insurance. Look at history. Quale, Gore, Cheney and Biden all look much much worse if you don't like the political beliefs of the President.

Actually, you missed my point. Megan Fox is a celebrity. Sarah Palin is a poltician. Most people can tell the difference and are more likely to forgive a hot actress than to forgive a hot politician. Think about it, if Megan Fox says something dumb, so what? Nothing changes, she's an actress, a celebrity, in the grand scheme of things, what she says and does doesn't matter. Sarah Palin on the other hand, being that her actions do indeed have an impact, people are going to hold her to a higher standard, attractive or not.

EDIT: Kittrell said pretty much the same thing and beat me to it...:D

Last edited:
Actually, you missed my point. Megan Fox is a celebrity. Sarah Palin is a poltician. Most people can tell the difference and are more likely to forgive a hot actress than to forgive a hot politician. Think about it, if Megan Fox says something dumb, so what? Nothing changes, she's an actress, a celebrity, in the grand scheme of things, what she says and does doesn't matter.
So what happens when Sarah Palin says something dumb? Because she has, and no one here thinks it matters.

Sarah Palin on the other hand, being that her actions do indeed have an impact, people are going to hold her to a higher standard, attractive or not.
If they held Palin to a higher standard, they wouldn't chose her as McCain's running mate. She wasn't prepared for the job... maybe in time, but certainly not in 2008.

So what happens when Sarah Palin says something dumb? Because she has, and no one here thinks it matters.

No wait just a dogon minute there fella. Don't go throwin ME in with the rest of the sod busters around here.

:roflmao:

You were doin just fine tell you said that.:wave1:

awesome. Palin quit so she can sign babies...
...because babies can't sign themselves.
13palin.xlarge1.jpg

I'm only arguing that people are going to pay more attn to her actions and words ti make sure they line up with their beliefs before voting for her than they would Megan Fox before seeing Transformers. No one's going to vote for someone simply because they're attractive.

Back