• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

p0303, p0304, p0300 where to start?

cnxj2000

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone!
I am a newbie to quite a bit (forums, working on vehicles and XJs) and am looking for some help on my 2000 XJ with the 4.0 and 164,000 miles. I always blame it on me being a girl and not being mechanically savvy, but I'm not sure where to start on my issue and have read SO many different things in regard to these codes. So please be gentle with me lol

The Story:
Things started warming up here in Austin, Tx and I started noticing heat soak issues when starting the XJ back up after a quick run into the store. I installed the DEI heat shield on the fuel rail, injectors and over the intake manifold a few weekends ago and didn't notice any issues with a hard start/idle. Yay! Yesterday, it got up to almost 90 outside and I had to make a run into Lowes. I came back out and it started up just fine. I drove it on the highway for about 15min and had to sit at a stoplight for a little bit. At the light I noticed it idling a bit rough so I plugged in my OBD2 and it had p0303, p0304, p0300 and p0456 (small evap leak).

I've felt a little bit overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start first.. Spark plugs were changed 3 months ago and I'm not losing any coolant.
coil pack? injectors? clean my grounds? cam position sensor? crank position sensor?

Thanks in advance for your help :peace:

Back