• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overland Journal on "Dangerous Drives"

Wow, I have the uncontrollable urge to go wheeling after watching that.

Damn stupid Jeep being broken.

Badass show.

It was a good episode.

A couple of comments.

TV has a wonderful way of making something look WAY more difficult than it is.

The Lockheart basin trail they were on is mild at best when its dry. Those ledges at the first would make it somewhat difficult but as I said....TV has a way of making it look worse.

Second thought....those guys are nuts for camping in that kind of weather.

Third...That snow stuff was pretty insane over Elk Ridge. I doubt I would have pushed that hard with that little fuel. However...right at the end they said they were down to their last 25 gallons of spare fuel. Once again TV making stuff look worse than it is. From the top of Elk Ridge they were less than 20 miles from Monticello. Plenty of wiggle room to get four rigs into town safely.

Other than that I agree, it made me want to go wheeling...bad.

uh...they are in the desert. It may be cold for the desert but it aint that cold. He is dressed as anyone else would dress for that paticular area.

I would not have made this comment had I known the conditions they were in.

However it looks like they were prepared for the worst.

Ryan thanks for letting me use your TV. I knew you were good for somethig. Also great cookies!

Gotta agree with Ryan, even though i hate when that happens.. :D

I felt several points were edited to exagerate the shows theme.. Dangerous Drives, but overall a good episode.

Example: The mention of the winch line breaking and killing someone, and showing a synthetic line.

I do disagree with the winter campin though... unless wind is severe.

I did like the fact that the kept emphasizing the fact that if they ran out of gas, they were stranded, and made it seem like they would never get back.

I'm sure AEV has enough money to fly a chopper with a couple jugs of gas out to them.

The Landrover was definitely getting left behind if they did get low on gas, and had to make that decision.

Back