• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheadconsole install in a 98

choopa

NAXJA Forum User
I have an OHC for 2000-01 jeep xj as it has the single white connector. My 98 has 2 connectors from the dome light keyless entry, how would I go about splicing and soldering the wires to fit my jeep. I have found the wiring for the 00" connector which i need to splice, I just cant find the 2 that I have

The dome lamp with keyless entry wire harness is likely different than the overhead console wire harness. I am not sure, as I have always sourced the overhead console and the matching wire harness from the same Cherokee.

The wire plugs on the console end of the overhead console wire harness are the same for all years 1997-2001.

The wire plugs on the fuse box end changed every year between 97 and 00. The number of wires, the wire colors, and the function of the wires are the same for all years of overhead console wire harness. You can locate the correct 1998 overhead console wire harness, or the correct 1998 wire plugs and re-pin them, use any generic male and female wire plugs and simply match up the wire colors, or you can skip the fuse box end wire plugs and just connect the wires directly to each other by color.

Last edited:
I have salvaged and sold 15-20 1997-01 overhead consoles, and installed a few.

The wire plugs on the fuse box end of the OHC wire harness changed every year between 97 and 00. The number of wires, the wire colors, and the function of the wires are the same for all years of 97-01 overhead console wire harness.

You don't need to know the wire functions, just match up the wire colors. There are two white wires, so if you get all hooked up and the console doesn't function, swap the white wires around.

Back