• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Are the overhead consoles all the same between vintages? Or were they restyled and/or revamped throughout the model run?

I ask because I have a line on a o/console out of a 1989 but my XJ is a 2001. I've never laid eyes on a console for any year XJ before.

Will this bolt up? Will it have the same style as the rest of my interior or will it look out of palce?

T!

r@m

I have both a 1994 and a 2001 and they both have overhead consoles. It appears to me that they are interchangeable as far as fit goes, but they are quite different. The 1994 has a place for sunglasses, another for a garage door opener and it tells you outside temperature and direction (assuming that your vehicle is wired for that). The 2001 has the same features, however it is styled differently and the display will also tell you MPG, distance to empty, trip odometer, and the amount of time that your ignition has been turned on since you last reset the trip odometer.

I do not know the specifics when it comes to wiring all of this in place, but I'm sure that there's a bit to it. Like I said, they are a different style. I don't think that the older one that you're looking at would look out of place, but the newer style would look more in place (if that makes any sense).

Hope that helps some,
Robert

Thanks!

Back