• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK WJ knuckle swap. What could go wrong?

It is not that much longer but the bend in the end makes the drag link a inch or 2 shorter making better geometry with track bar length. We did this on a jk axle swap and it worked great with otk drag link

Yes! I finished last night. It feels really good on the road. The brakes feel much stronger. I can't wait to wheel it. Just need to add limit straps to prevent drag link abuse and I'll be ready to hit the mall.

normal_image~26.jpeg

I'll post a final "what can go wrong" list this week.

Yes! I finished last night. It feels really good on the road. The brakes feel much stronger. I can't wait to wheel it. Just need to add limit straps to prevent drag link abuse and I'll be ready to hit the mall.

normal_image~26.jpeg

I'll post a final "what can go wrong" list this week.

Your tie rod is on backward. Wrench slot goes on the right..

That is the right.

Driver's side is the left.

;)

its a wrench flat, not a key flat.

for the mechanic its on the right :)

There is an opportunity in here somewhere.

Dallas needs to offer an option for wrench flats on both ends.

Might be worth $50 to resolve serious issues such as this.

There is an opportunity in here somewhere.

Dallas needs to offer an option for wrench flats on both ends.

Might be worth $50 to resolve serious issues such as this.

He could just up the price $50 and then say he now makes them with either left or right side wrench flats, you need to specify which side you want the wrench flat on when you order.

He could just up the price $50 and then say he now makes them with either left or right side wrench flats, you need to specify which side you want the wrench flat on when you order.

what he could do is tap both ends with both left hand *and* right hand threads. then you can thread either joint into either end and have it be reversible.

what he could do is tap both ends with both left hand *and* right hand threads. then you can thread either joint into either end and have it be reversible.

Believe it or not I've actually done this and it actually does work.

The posts on this page had me falling from my chair. Now my cheeks hurt and my eyes still water. You guys are a riot.

Dunno how many this is, but my guess is a lot. Where would you like them shipped?

20160830_144106.jpg

Well played sir. Well played.

:worship:

As soon as I figure out how to install them I will take a case.

Maybe two cases. One of right side wrench flats and one of left side wrench flats.

Edit to add: Apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread.

Last edited:
Back