• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OT - Toyota Financing

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

Does anyone have the inside scoop regarding Toyota financing/leasing??

I'm looking at leasing a 2011 Prius and Toyota has a lease option for $250 a month with $1,990 down.

I don't know if you can negotiate lease options or if they have some sort of "no haggle" deal.

Thanks,
E

they don't put it in the fine print, but you must give up your soul when you buy a prius.
:D

They had 0 down and 279 or 299 a month just a little while ago. Everything is negotiable but you have to have really good credit for the 0 down lease. It's the end of the year and I know they are trying to move cars.

.. Everything is negotiable but you have to have really good credit for the 0 down lease....

That's what I don't understand in regards to leasing. Is the price negotiable? Are there some dealerships that will give you a bottom line price? Do they throw in all kinds of "hidden" fees on leases like they do when purchasing a car?

I'm referring to Toyota, the Prius specifically.

E

I leased a MazdaSpeed6 a few years back. To answer the basic questions. Yes, there is flexibility in the pricing of the vehicle. I got corporate price (invoice minus 2% at the time), and then the lease payments were calculated from there. So, the lease value is variable. The residual value is then calculated from the "purchase" price, and the difference, plus interest, is what your lease payments are. I got a steal - $400 per month for 2 years for a $35K car. It was actually cheaper than buying it, which usually is not the case. At the end of the lease, I did buy the car because I liked it, and they didn't build it any more.

Some of the special deals are already set, so you may not have any negotiating room. Also, you have to decide why you are leasing. In general , you only lease if you can write off the cost of the lease against taxes or a business. If you're going to keep the car for a long time, you are generally better off buying it outright.

David Bricker / SYR

I leased a MazdaSpeed6 a few years back. To answer the basic questions. Yes, there is flexibility in the pricing of the vehicle. I got corporate price (invoice minus 2% at the time), and then the lease payments were calculated from there. So, the lease value is variable. The residual value is then calculated from the "purchase" price, and the difference, plus interest, is what your lease payments are. I got a steal - $400 per month for 2 years for a $35K car. It was actually cheaper than buying it, which usually is not the case. At the end of the lease, I did buy the car because I liked it, and they didn't build it any more.

Some of the special deals are already set, so you may not have any negotiating room. Also, you have to decide why you are leasing. In general , you only lease if you can write off the cost of the lease against taxes or a business. If you're going to keep the car for a long time, you are generally better off buying it outright.

David Bricker / SYR

Why would anyone want a prius?

VW TDIs have similar fuel economy and have room for your dignity.

Thanks David. Along with Toyata's promo, I'm trying to se if I can take advantage of the end-of-the-year push.

Avery - :dunno: I don't see any issues with having a Prius, nor a VW. I don't need a particular vehicle to make up for the inadequacies in my life. Believe me, we LOVE cars. We used to lease BMW's until our first son was about a year old. By that time, it just wasn't comfortable anymore.

Now, we have a goal of being debt free within 3 years. Leasing a Prius will help us save at least $200 a month, in gas, which we can use toward another bill.

BTW - I still have my '55 Chevy, my Harley, my XJ (for now), and will also have my dignity.. :D

E

I like those cars. I almost bought one for myself a couple of years ago. It's just too small for us. One factor I'm not going to go into right now is that we need something we can easily get & out of. That's the main reason I'm going to sell my XJ and buy a ZJ. The Prius will be our family car.

E

Why would anyone want a prius?

VW TDIs have similar fuel economy and have room for your dignity.
X2
The TDI's are amazing. They actually drive like a car. I really like the Golf, but the new Passat TDI looks pretty good. Depending on what you get, CHEAPER as well. And less solid waste in the end. Maintenance is included for 3yr/36k. They have great financing options.
Even if you were to get one with a 3.5L I5 still better than a Prius.

Tony (TCM GLX) and his Brother both have 2012 TDI Passats.......maybe he'll chime in. I can say it is WAY larger for a family car than the Prius.(and the fact that you don't look like a douche driving one is a plus too :rtm: ) hahaha Dont get mad E!!! :smootch:

I Lovvvvvvvve my passat, and Andy is right. Significantly bigger than a standard family sedan. My rear set room is actually equivalent of a a8.

Back