• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORI Struts

After a computer crash I lost all my book marks and most ORI install threads. Getting ready to start on this project.

There was gentleman up in, I think, the Pacific Northwest who had a great build thread on his XJ with ORI's all around. It included a great amount of information on how he set up his cross members (four link rear, 3 link? front) along with how he tied it into the cage and notched the rear frame for clearance. His home shop was beautiful and he did very nice work.

Been searching for a couple evenings with no success. Anyone know the rig and or the owner/thread?

John

EDIT: NEVER MIND. It was knucklehead 61. Figures 10 minutes after asking, I would find it. San Jose, Sierra, not PNW.

John

Last edited:
After a computer crash I lost all my book marks and most ORI install threads. Getting ready to start on this project.

There was gentleman up in, I think, the Pacific Northwest who had a great build thread on his XJ with ORI's all around. It included a great amount of information on how he set up his cross members (four link rear, 3 link? front) along with how he tied it into the cage and notched the rear frame for clearance. His home shop was beautiful and he did very nice work.

Been searching for a couple evenings with no success. Anyone know the rig and or the owner/thread?

John

EDIT: NEVER MIND. It was knucklehead 61. Figures 10 minutes after asking, I would find it. San Jose, Sierra, not PNW.

John

i run them front and rear in mine, have a few pictures of all the mounting and links in my build thread. haven't really included much of the tuning process yet. i probably will when i get it perfect.

Thanks for posting. Went through the build thread, nice work. I like how you tied in the rear 4 link mounts, very original and clean. Without any adjustment in the rear to dial in the anti-squat how did your numbers work out for you on climbs? Any hopping or tendency to lift the nose? I assume it turned out good because you never commented on it, its worth asking.

John

John

John

thanks for the compliments on my shop & build.
i am in san jose, ca but moving soon to the PNW in Oregon. :clap:

Sweet I hooked one, lol

Thanks for your response. You've been running the ori's for 7 years.

Im in the debating stages wether im in this hobby enough to warrant the investment in ori. Ive spent a fair amount of money this year already,
my rig needs bump stops and I'd like to get rid of the cookie cutter shocks . The tunabilty and adaptability of the ori to work on the xj aswell whatever i might bolt them on years down the rd is whats got me thinking I may just do it. Ive emailed jesnsen brothers to find out how long of a lead time on the 14 and 16

Ive been talking with accutune on doing a pair of coil overs for my jeep and my just call and talk ori struts with them to.

Thanks for the response would love to see photos of your ori set up

Back