• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ordered ford19#injector for my 96xj will they work, help

I didn't see many options in this thread for a 2000 XJ. So I'm assuming that I need to go back with Stock OE injectors?

I can't speak as to other injectors or years, but the Bosch 0280155917 units (orange injectors associated with V8 Fords) have been in my 2000 for about 1200 miles now and there are zero issues with them. Installation is completely plug & play; you should be fine with these. Fuel economy has seen a steady 0.5mpg improvement, and midrange performance and throttle response are slightly better.

Best bet is to Google the part number for them and shop around. I was able to get a full set of six brand-new ones from eBay for what refurbs would have cost.

(BTW: please don't post the same question in different threads - makes it hard to keep things focussed.)

I can't speak as to other injectors or years, but the Bosch 0280155917 units (orange injectors associated with V8 Fords) have been in my 2000 for about 1200 miles now and there are zero issues with them. Installation is completely plug & play; you should be fine with these. Fuel economy has seen a steady 0.5mpg improvement, and midrange performance and throttle response are slightly better.

Best bet is to Google the part number for them and shop around. I was able to get a full set of six brand-new ones from eBay for what refurbs would have cost.

(BTW: please don't post the same question in different threads - makes it hard to keep things focussed.)

Excellent, that’s good to know. The purpose for posting in more than one thread is to expose the question to a wider audience.

Subscribing............ I have a 2000 XJ and looking for the best options for injectors. I'm all ears if anyone has suggestions. Thanks.

Just picked up a cheap set of the orange Bosch 19lb. injectors on e-bay. They're used, but at the price I paid, if I get the 0.5MPG that some have claimed to see, they'll pay for themselves eventually.

I currently get 19MPG with my '01XJ on all-highway trips with the A/C on. I put over 500 miles/week on the truck so if I can get any improvement at all, it'll be money well spent.

I'll post back here with results when I get them - good or bad.

Last edited:
I've put about 800 miles on the Bosch "Ford" injectors. My results are as follows:

City:
Stock OEM injectors: 15.75 - 16.50 MPG
Bosch "Ford" Injectors: 15.25 - 15.75 MPG

Highway
Stock OEM Injectors: 19.25 - 20.00 MPG
Bosch "Ford" Injectors: 19.5 - 20.00 MPG

My highway results were done within some pretty strict guidelines - using the same gas station, same pump, same method of "topping" off, etc.

Overall, the Bosch "Ford" injectors didn't really make much of a difference MPG-wise. I'm inclined to believe I earned a little extra power between 3-4K RPM when accelerating, but that's about all. I may have my stock injectors cleaned and balanced and put those back in.

Overall, the Bosch "Ford" injectors didn't really make much of a difference MPG-wise. I'm inclined to believe I earned a little extra power between 3-4K RPM when accelerating, but that's about all. I may have my stock injectors cleaned and balanced and put those back in.

Were those the XF2E-CB injectors? Are there any other options for the 2000 and 2001 models?

Back