• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on Craftsman 260 pc. Mechanics Tool Set with 3-Drawer Flip-Top Blow Mold Che

It's a good start. I got that kit as an at home tool kit since all my tools stay at work. I found that the top held quite a bit but does fill up fast. The case did last a few years until it fell apart.

On second look not sure if that is the same exact kit i got.my case was red and black.

I have that same set in the Heep for trail tools. Have had it about 3 years now, the case has held up fine. It seems to have a very good selection of tools, including 6 point sockets. The drawers are basically for 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" drive separation.

The other nice feature is that the top (4th) drawer, which is more like the lid is simply open. The wrenches go in there in no order. However, there is sufficient room in the lid to have other tools besides the wrenches.

If I remember correctly, I paid $199 for it at Sears on sale. I believe I've seen it at that price in the last few months at Sears. Here's a link:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-255-...p-00935255000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

It is listed as a 255 piece, as opposed to 260 piece, but it's also $100 cheaper than the link you posted.

David Bricker / SYR

I got this set a few years ago when it was a 100% blow molded box. Since then I got a 41" toolbox, so I took the molded drawers out and set them directly in my toolbox drawers to maintain the socket organization.

Love the tools, love the drawers. Well worth it for a fairly complete home set. Usually around Christmas it drops to $169 at some point.

I have that same set in the Heep for trail tools. Have had it about 3 years now, the case has held up fine. It seems to have a very good selection of tools, including 6 point sockets. The drawers are basically for 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" drive separation.

The other nice feature is that the top (4th) drawer, which is more like the lid is simply open. The wrenches go in there in no order. However, there is sufficient room in the lid to have other tools besides the wrenches.

If I remember correctly, I paid $199 for it at Sears on sale. I believe I've seen it at that price in the last few months at Sears. Here's a link:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-255-...p-00935255000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

It is listed as a 255 piece, as opposed to 260 piece, but it's also $100 cheaper than the link you posted.

David Bricker / SYR

damn that is a good price, but I got a gift certificate to Amazon that I gonna use. maybe I'll use it for something else I grab the set at Sears

Not bad. The 57 misc tools may be good stuff, or fluff. But you can get all sorts of boxes to put the tolls in, as it doesn't appear to include a case.

Either way, I think you've made a decent choice. No matter what you get, you'll always add some tools anyway.

David Bricker / SYR

Back