• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One ton family rig

Installed my b pillar uprights for the cage. They have just enough head room so I don't Crack my egg. Most importantly it still leaves enough room for the kids. Also made my anti wrap bar. It works great and since I had a bunch of flex joints laying around I made do with that.

So I have a list of all the damage from winterfest . Gear box, power steering pump, rear spring bushings, front bump stops, driver side doors and mirror, transfer case linkage noodled. Transfer case cracked, rear drives haft, rear right brake eaten by sand. All in all it was a bunch of fun and I kinda expected to break it in half during the race. As soon as it's washed and I start repairs I will post updated pictures.

Everything is fixed now minus swapping the transfer case and replacing the rear springs. The debate now is after I finish that tube it out more and beat the shit out of it. Or dump it for a bigger rig to fit the family. Unprotected sex is bad for wheeling rigs....

New rear springs are in. Rubicon express 3.5" raised the rear 3 inches from previous height. Replaced my front springs with rubicon express 5.5" to level it out. That also raised it 3 inches in the front. So now I'm looking at a mid travel lift way taller then I want. So I take the family out to breakfast and sure as shit the spindle nut backed off. Take it apart and nothing says fun like solid mud and rust. Guess I should have checked it after the last trip.

Jeep is all fixed. Replaced all the hub bearings and seals. Pictures to come of all the work that has been done. For some reason my phone can't upload pictures.

6f1ec7af7e3abda0397c957f8a4ea59c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Boy was that a fun day......

Ram" Chooo Chooo" Rod

How do you like the hankooks?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Love them. The other guys from the group i run with have iroks, pitbull rockers and bfg km2 and good year mtr's. There isnt much that they dont meet or out perform. But i also run 37's so not sure how smaller would work. I will keep running them on my next set if thats a good answer for you.

Love them. The other guys from the group i run with have iroks, pitbull rockers and bfg km2 and good year mtr's. There isnt much that they dont meet or out perform. But i also run 37's so not sure how smaller would work. I will keep running them on my next set if thats a good answer for you.
06a0f8103b5c8aca4f258bb09fa6c93c.jpg
I was asking about that size or possibly 38s because I'm almost done with my front axle install. (Superduty front and rears)

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Back