• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one more full width for you all

correct me if im wrong, but that 44 is out of a 78-79 bronco and the radius arms cant be moved as there is no tube beneath them. they could be rotated upwards but not without considerable fab work, so much in fact that he probably would have just done away with them and sleeved the tubes. this also elimates the possibility of moving the c's in......

you are correct

Boondock Saint said:
correct me if im wrong, but that 44 is out of a 78-79 bronco and the radius arms cant be moved as there is no tube beneath them. they could be rotated upwards but not without considerable fab work, so much in fact that he probably would have just done away with them and sleeved the tubes. this also elimates the possibility of moving the c's in......

looks like a lot of work for a long arm set up. But good luck with your build

kewlkatdady said:
you are correct

yes he is correct that a 78-79 has cast in "C"s, but mine is an early one that has welded "C"s.

i may still cut and move them, but at this point i dont have any rubbage with my 35's so i dont at the moment see any need to move them.... i have yet to try and drive it however, and havnt done a flex test to see if i hi on anything so that may well change.

I am following your build real close as it is basically exactly what I am going to do. I hope to get the rest of my stuff this week and start cutting the radius arms this weekend.

Frame-side trackbar mount needs some attention. If you're going to the trouble of fabbing on it, why not get rid of the stock piece. I tried to run mine and shredded it and part of the uni-frame in the process. Took advice from Farmer, and ran a crossmember to the opposing rail as well.....haven't seen any other issues with it.

Lets see some pix of what you did with your frame side mount

myjeepsbigger said:
Frame-side trackbar mount needs some attention. If you're going to the trouble of fabbing on it, why not get rid of the stock piece. I tried to run mine and shredded it and part of the uni-frame in the process. Took advice from Farmer, and ran a crossmember to the opposing rail as well.....haven't seen any other issues with it.

kewlkatdady said:
Lets see some pix of what you did with your frame side mount

Sorry that's the only pic I have of it with me here at work...and you can't see the cross-piece at all. I'll try to get some better ones this weekend.

DSC04737.jpg

Edit:
Here's a better one of the mount. Just imagine a piece of square tubing (1" IIRC) running from this mount to the other frame rail, right underneath the engine.
DSC04690.jpg

wow......
that is really clean.
mine is kinda crappy in comparison but my boss and i looked it over real good today, and he has no doubt it will hold up.
that doesnt mean i am happy with it though.
when i get around to plating in the rest of the frame i want to do something like what you have there.

Back