• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One car too far

XJ Abuser

NAXJA Forum User
OR, is it "one reality show too far"?
Most reality shows are garbage and this one is no exception. This is a show about a Bear grylls type guy, and a kalifornian "Expert car guy".
They take a jeep into the wilderness and try to drive it out.

Now I will admit it is mildly entertaining and they do come up with some decent fixes and ideas on how to get to their destination. The one thing that really put me off was the episode in Chile where the spark plug wire was shorting out on the engine block. Well instead of using the plastic tubing to insulate the damaged part the numb nut cuts the wire and inserts a live branch in between to make the connection.

They used the tubing as a sleeve for the branch. Why the hell did they do this when they could have just sleeved the darn thing.

I know its drama that sells for the sheeple in this country. I guess its crap like this that separates intelligent people from nimrods. :flamemad:

/rant off.

Mr. WU is one of those guys that has more money than brains. That said, I do like some of the ideas the show has like the log on the broken axle. Not that it is a new invention, but it is one that we wheelers can certainly, and have used to get to camp. I guess i am just tired of the morons who are in the spotlight portraying real intelligent people. The only one that they can fool are the other 299 million people viewing their programs.

Thank god I can recognize a bullshit show from a mile away. That makes me feel better.

if they would have strapped that hilift handle across the outside of the tire to hold the axle in they could have driven right out.

Back