• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the street...literally.

Not even when the bags are full enough to drive? Is it a matter of some sort of inspection, or random stops on the street. If so, just drive it into the US, because we're not allowed to stop aliens! Or is that just along the southern border...Now I forget.

I've seen the pictures of the JEEP up on all fours, and it doesn't look too far off from stock, especially a saggy older one.

"Full enough to drive" is like 30 psi for my style :p hahaha

Thats where the grey area is. I don't have to have it "inspected" again, its only an offence from random stops. However, if an officer stops me, its a MAJOR offence to "operate an aftermarket ride height adjustment system on public roads." So if I'm ever driving low (which will be always) I will get nailed for the light height because I won't be able to just lift it up after the officer sees me.

The laws are just a major disaster. Theres so many grey areas. I've been in court so many times for alleged "offences" with my past trucks.

Rolled some street tires under my race truck project, maybe I'll build a street jeep instead :D

IMG_20120210_185413.jpg

been checkin on this build everyso often. nice work. to bad your like 10000000 miles away. i have a set of newer doors (97+)

UPDATE!!

I hear ya man! I've been dying to do some work on my heep.... instead... my wifes Toyota Land Cruiser has been keeping me busy.... Rebuilding the birfs' on an FZJ80 is a pain... my two car garage now has no floor between grease soaked rags, grease soaked parts, and grease soaked tools... Messy job!

I'm loving you xj though... We used to have a huge minitruck scene but it seems to be dying out... I had one buddy in particular that had an old s15 that was body dropped, linked, and had a Chevy 302(Yep) in it with a 4 speed.... was a super fun little truck...

Whatever became of this build?

I'd love to see an update!

i tried to find his thread on CF but i accidentally looked in the fab section and had to tear my eyes out. i'll look again when the damage heals up.

I was posting on CF because they were getting pissed off...it was fun.

But I got a new job so the truck is sitting in the garage waiting for me to finish the wiring and the small odds and ends.

Back