• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the street...literally.

And just a little height comparison...I'm only about 5' 11". Height of the drip rail, 39"

Photo0023.jpg

I have some days off coming, so I should get some progress and even start the floors next week!!

Enjoy.

Damn thats low, now chop the top lmao. I was wondering how short it was gonna be cause the xj is already a shorty with good ground clearance which is what I notice is different from newer cars. I know a guy with 3" lift 02 exploder and his roof is at least a foot higher than mine on 6" but I got 3 times as much ground clearance.

Yeah theres not much body on these. I'm 4" lower roof height than a doored first gen Ford Ranger. And I tuck a lot of lug, which is nice.

I started the sheetmetal tonight. Got the drivers underside rocker caps bent up and cleaned down but not burned in. Sheetmetal is not something that I enjoy so I don't know how long I will drag it out haha.

I have my fuel line and fittings, and my brake line and wiring harness. I have not figured out my fuel cell location and type yet so thats a hang up.

Tommorow I plan on finishing the door tubs, rear seat crossmember, and motor mounts. Then drop the 5.0L in its final spot.

No new pics because I am lazy. DEAL WITH IT! lol

keep it up man. i lift mine up you lower yours but no matter what they are still XJs ;)

Hey hey party people! I got a little bit of work done.

I have the driver rocker cap done and the rear wheel door tub cut but not shaped yet. THe passenger side rocker cap is cut not burned in and the tub is at the same point as the driver side. Should finish up the sheetmetal work tommorow.

AND the fun update!! The motor mounts are fabbed and the motor and trans is mounted!!! WEEEEEEE very exciting times. It was hellish getting the motor to fit between 3 points (the tie rod/centrelink, the crossmember, and the passenger I beam) but she in, sittin down in the frame, and very comfy :D

enginetie.jpg

SEE WHAT I MEAN!! She is very tight to the tierod but it fits right in between the harmonic balancer and the pan. Clearance on both sides.

engine1.jpg

Sittin as far down as she is gonna get. These are tall finned valve covers so my shortys will fit beautifully.

engine.jpg

Fills it in very nice. It sits really deep in the frame...looks bad ass!!

This is my summer ride that I am missing...poor girl didn't deserve what she got.

fav-1.jpg

I NEED TO DRAG!!!!!!!! GUH!

Subscribed. As others have stated, I'm not at all normally into slammed cars or trucks/Jeeps, but this looks like a good build. Plus it's the fastest color-- RED!! ;)

Looking at that rear cargo area pic, where are you gonna put your groceries?

Subscribed.

Well sir, I am not as worried about groceries as I am about fitting two car seats in the back to take my kids to daycare (I'm joking) lol. I am thinking about rear floor designs and I have a few different ideas. Mainly I need to control what I do have back there so it doesn't fly through the window.

I am moving so I am getting the Jeep ready for the move. My goal is the have it ready to plumb, wire, sheetmetal etc by the middle of September. Today I finished the front clip, grill support, rad support, floor supports, and half of the C pillar seat crossmember and bag cage.

I decided to do a cage around the rear bags as they are right under the ass of anyone riding back there. So in case of a blow out, nobody will get 200 psi upp their spine. They are done.

A couple pics.

Photo0084.jpg

Motor is in, mounts 100% done. Front clip is done (after A LOT of trimming to the grill/headlight panel)

Photo0086.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

Looks like a Jeep again...only at 100 psi with motor and tranny in.

I also made my driver side tie rod. Ranger tie rods SUCK when you're doing anything with adjustable suspension. So I moved it to the front of the centre link from the back to drop the motor some more, re tapered the centre link, bent and lengthened the stock tie rod. And here it is.

Photo0090.jpg

I will have it on a trailer in September so I will get some comparison shots...hopefully beside my friends XJ on 38" tires :yelclap:

Cheers.

I was trying to decide how to clean and prep the frame. I was torn between sandblasting and needle scaling. I have never needle scaled anything but alot of people told me to do it.

Well I did not needle scale it. I did not sand blast, but I did clean it down to bare metal for about $13.50

What I did was I took a stiff twisted wire wheel for a bench grinder and I jigged it into my drill (it says DO NOT do this right on the package lol) and it took the undercoat, and thick scale rust right off like it was nothing. Then I was able to flap wheel it done to bare metal. 2 flap wheels and the twisted wire wheel...not bad at all.

I changed colours when I opened the first can. I couldn't get the shade of green that I wanted so I changed to a bright burnt orange called Allis Chalmers Orange.

Now...please understand...this was the WORST job I have every done. The dirtiest, nastiest, bloody knucklest, dust inhalingest, curse my own motherest job I have ever done. So much so, I was in no mood to take any pics of it cleaned lol

But this is how it looks. This paint is amazing, I recomend it to anyone painting their frame...or whatever part of normal XJ's get painted lol

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

Photo0096.jpg

Looks killer. That is just the first coat!! I primed it with a rattle can and brushed on the orange.

This is the before.

Photo0035.jpg

Love this stuff!!

any new updates?

this thing should be dragging down the street by now right :D

Lookin Good. My brother had a slammed S10. Can't wait to see project Troll complete!

Hey hey hey. I've been slacking on the updates...but not on the Jeep.

I have been working overnights, so that kills me for spare time.

I have got a ton of work done since last update, pics will come up for you tommorow.

CHEERS!

EDIT*** okay heres one.

Photo0104.jpg

Beside my stock 2010 Ranger.

Photo0121.jpg

My short valve covers, hood closes.

UPDATES
Headers are on, firewall is half done, passenger floor is done and some other small stuff.
Photo0147.jpg

Photo0152.jpg

You can kind of see how I will be routing the passenger exhaust. Thats what the "exhaust" pocket if for in the firewall...Lots of room for a turbo ;)
I still have to make a cap for the corner of the fender and firewall.
Photo0153.jpg

Photo0156.jpg

This isn't the floor done, I am leaving it removeable to run my exhaust.
Photo0155.jpg

And as you can see...a 2" cowl hood will not suffice.
Photo0146.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

Photo0139.jpg

I am thinking prostreet scoop with a suicide hood.

Also the fuel system is done, fuel cell cradle fabbed, pump on and all lines run. Also the air tank mounts are fabbed. I just have to wire it, run some air line, and run the exhaust before I finish the floors 100%.

Back