• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

on a roll

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
Ok next question...

i have rustys adjustable lower Control arms on my xj, noticed during my fiddling today that the pass. side lower arm has some slop in it..as in: with all four wheels on the ground i can get under the xj and push it up and down with my hand..not much, but more than the drivers side. is this normal, really just asking here in the hope that i get a decent answer before i go calling rustys to see about warranty replacement...funny thing is since i installed the lift (well over 2 years ago) i have done very lil wheeling and damn near nothing even vaguely resembling, aggressive wheeling, my xj has been a serious pavement pounder for the duration of her lifted life...namely due to the lack of 4wheel drive...

any thoughts...

do i have a claim or should i just try and find another set...hmm longarms?

Did you try tightening the bolts? Those lca's like some muscle when you torque them. Give me a call if you need a man to tighten them. :D

i should have clarified...thanks for the offer dirt....the slop is in the arm where the upper (body side) threaded end threads into the lower female tubing..hence causing a flexing type motion that one might expect from a peice of pvc pipe...clear?

Thanks,

Grifter

Back