• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympus offroad

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Part of my order didn't get included. Got ahold of Sam(the marketing guy for them) and he contacted them in Colorado. Literally within minutes they were in the package ready to be shipped out and I got a pic to prove it. Thanks guys for the top notch service. :cheers:

I made an order on March 2nd for a synthetic winch rope. I still haven't had an email or any notification that my item has shipped. Of course they emailed me immediately after the order to let me know they got my money. I emailed them on Thursday asking when my rope will be shipped, still haven't heard anything back. Starting to get disappointed and starting to regret giving them my business.

I made an order on March 2nd for a synthetic winch rope. I still haven't had an email or any notification that my item has shipped. Of course they emailed me immediately after the order to let me know they got my money. I emailed them on Thursday asking when my rope will be shipped, still haven't heard anything back. Starting to get disappointed and starting to regret giving them my business.

I'm going to check into this for you. Pm Incoming.

-Sam

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate the prompt response.

took me a total of 9 days including weekends to get my rock lights, every time i checked in with Sam i got a quick reply. I'll definitely order from them again :thumbup:

The winch rope ordered was placed on backorder the day Bluejeepkid ordered. The email notifying of the backorder didn't make it to him is all. The back ordered winch ropes (green and black) should be set to ship this Friday.

If any Naxja folks ever have any questions I can usually get you the quickest answer. I check in here several times a day.

Posted this on your fb wall and copied here...

Thanks for fulfilling most of my order from the Black Friday Sale last Fall. I am happy with the products that I did receive.

Unfortunately the thanks ends there... attempting to get the rest of my order has been nothing but a headache over the last few months. I've asked for updates and followups through numerous emails and PMs. Each time I have received a response which sounded like you were on it and would "get back to me shortly" And each time I would wait a week or two and then id have to ask again or check back... only to maybe get (a few days later) an apology and shallow promises to fix the problem. I have specifically asked for a time frame and when I would expect tracking info several times, with no answer. I was offered a shipping refund and a pair of rocklights in late December, which i thankfully accepted via email but i am still left waiting to this date... You have admitted several times that it is unacceptable but i have yet to see any sign of ACTION or tracking info or actual follow through. I have tried to keep this to private communications but I'm left with no choice. If someday you choose to fulfill the remaining part of my order and i actually receive the remaining lights, i will be surprised and might retract this statement. Until then... you may want to reevaluate your customer service and fullfullment.

Houston, last week we spoke privately. I personally did not know of the issues you were having until then but I told you you would receive answers. The remainder of your order has been shipped and I'm told Daniel contacted you with a tracking number. Did you receive the tracking number? If not I can pm it to you. Still shows its in transit.

Just wanted to post up saying i got my lights and i am VERY pleased with them.

I ordered rock lights but I used them for something a little different...

DSCF4258_zps38cdefbf.jpg

DSCF4259_zps2d56b9ff.jpg

DSCF4260_zps07c1fa19.jpg

with the help of XCM and SidewaysStarion we got them mounted cleanly to the hatch and wired into the rear dome light switch, now i can tap the rear light to turn them on or off with the interior lights. I have about a 12 foot wide spread of bright white light around the rear of the jeep for a camp light, repairs, or my original intended purpose... beer pong! It will look a lot better once I change the interior dome lights over to matching color LED but for now I am very happy with the product and the service I recieved.

:thumbup:

The winch rope ordered was placed on backorder the day Bluejeepkid ordered. The email notifying of the backorder didn't make it to him is all. The back ordered winch ropes (green and black) should be set to ship this Friday.

If any Naxja folks ever have any questions I can usually get you the quickest answer. I check in here several times a day.

If this shipped on Friday, I still haven't got an email confirmation... And if it didn't ship, I still haven't got an email explaining why.

No problems. I just like to be informed. I understand delays.

I am very pleased with the 18" led bar I ordered. Parts and the whole experience was fantastic. Getting ready to order a second one for the Samurai.

Thought I would share my experience too...

I ordered the 16w square pod / led rock light combo deal on the black Friday special.

I assumed the parts came from overseas, but the lights were at least assembled in Colorado. Their website shows a Colorado address and the description states that they are assembled in house. I was a little upset when the square pods were shipped direct from china. I felt their advertising was a little misleading.

Since I didn't receive the rock lights, I contacted them through the website. I told them that I only received part of the order and thought their advertising was misleading. Daniel's response was pretty harsh.

I contacted Sam on here. Sam was very nice and eventually got me everything I ordered. Unfortunately it took several emails and about 6 weeks to get it all.

I'd give Sam a sparkling review, but I'm not sure I'd ever order anything else from Olympus.

Thought I would share my experience too...

I ordered the 16w square pod / led rock light combo deal on the black Friday special.

I assumed the parts came from overseas, but the lights were at least assembled in Colorado. Their website shows a Colorado address and the description states that they are assembled in house. I was a little upset when the square pods were shipped direct from china. I felt their advertising was a little misleading.

Since I didn't receive the rock lights, I contacted them through the website. I told them that I only received part of the order and thought their advertising was misleading. Daniel's response was pretty harsh.

I contacted Sam on here. Sam was very nice and eventually got me everything I ordered. Unfortunately it took several emails and about 6 weeks to get it all.

I'd give Sam a sparkling review, but I'm not sure I'd ever order anything else from Olympus.

Parker Colorado is where Daniels office and our shop is located. Currently our lights are assembled in our own factory located in China mentioned here: http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/Why-Olympus_ep_45.html

We recently acquired a building in California and have plans to expand some operations there, but doing so while being able to keep our prices low is a challenge in itself.

I believe we spoke about it through private message, but for everyone else the rock light deal was a mis-communication on our end and indeed our fault. (the rock lights were never intended to be included in the black friday sale, yet the website wasn't updated ) Several customers were affected. All rock light orders were fulfilled as soon as we could replenish stock. The deal we offered the following Monday cleaned us out quicker than we anticipated.

I currently work remotely (on the right coast), and will be out in Colorado soon which will help things run smoother on our end.

-Sam

Kcmudbug doesn't seem to be happy with anything he's bought recently. He posted twice tonight about Detours Off-road. It appears that he thinks the little guys should be able to produce and ship as fast as the big guys.

So here's my experience with Olympus:

Ordered a 20" LED bar through one of their Black Friday sales.

Got an email confirmation within a day or two, and the bar came within about a week from a Chinese shipper. The bar is great and came with all of the switch wiring and hardware. No complaints on this transaction.

Around the end of November they had the rocks lights on sale. I ordered two 3 packs of them (12 lights total).

I hadn't received anything by mid-December (tracking number or product) so I emailed Daniel and tried calling a few times. No answer to my email. I was hung up on once and the second call I sat on hold for 45 minutes and had to get some work done, so go ahead and blame me for being impatient.

Before the holidays and starting some personal traveling I dropped a PM on here which was answered by Sam. He started trying to track down what was going on, but seemed to get cut off by Daniel at every turn.

This went on into late January when I received a package from Olympus. I opened it and it had half of my order, one three pack of lights.

I PM'd Sam again and started down the same path as before. Daniel seemed to keep cutting Sam off at each step in the process and dragging this out. I tried calling Daniel again, I got through but I heard someone in the background tell the person on the phone say "Tell him we don't have time for this I'm not dealing with it anymore". The person who answered the phone said Daniel's not here right now and hung up.

Around KOH, Sam was able to get another package out to me. This time I opened it and it had two of my three pairs of lights. Another PM to Sam and more of the same run around from the home office.

Eventually Sam sent me a pair of his own lights to make up for the last pair I was owed. That was early March.

Sam is a fricken Rockstar and really shouldn't have to put up with the crap that he has to deal with from the main office.

I know how hard it is to be a small company and try to make a start in a crowed market. But if you don't want to deal with your customers then you are bound to fail. The way your customers feel about your service is the only way to differentiate yourself from your competition.

If Sam was the only person I had to deal with at Olympus, I would be back. But when the owner and the staff at the main office have the attitude of "we don't have time to deal with it", I'm going to look elsewhere.

So, in all it took Olympus from November to March to fulfill my order for something that seemed to be in stock since many other people received their orders for the same part while I was waiting for mine to be filled.

That's my two cents on the matter. I know I'm in the minority here since everyone else is on the bandwagon and drinking the Kool-Aid.

- Daniel -

Just commenting on a few things here....

1. Were not perfect and we are doing the very best we can...

2. We have grown very fast and bigger than we planned for this point and are continually looking for new people and new help.

To comment on the so called attitude we have at the "main office" I have no clue as to why we would ever say we dont have time for someone.... you people are our customers and we would be nothing without you... I have a feeling I know who was on the phone... and that person is no longer with us.

During December we were bombarded 24 / 7 and to be honest I personally did forget things and I made mistakes... I also had asked people to handle things and entrusted people to grow into what we needed.... didn't happen...Ultimately I personally take responsibility for any and all issues and I solely own the company and in the end it falls on me. But be it know there are always two side to every story and if I hung up on somebody it was not on purpose... I take the time to talk to people as much as possible and do my best to answer any and all questions... If I dont have the answer ill do my best to find them... In the end all I can say is sorry and we are doing things to make sure people get taken care of as best as possible... We are not perfect and I promise we will make mistakes... but people like Sam are what will help us to grow and to get better... You all would be blown away if I tolf you all the issues we have had with finding the right people to do what is needed ect... and in the end I cannot run this thing by myself and expect it to succeed. If im doing things locally by myself things gett messy!!

Look all im trying to say is sorry.... we do take this feedback personally and want to grow from it... These posts do seem a little harsh and youall have every right to... just give us a chance to make things better and know were improving everything we can!

If you dont mind.. please send me an email to [email protected] with all your infos... Id like to ship something out to you guys to say sorry and maybe prove that were not the big bad guys it seems... and please feel free to call me personally as I DO have time to talk... and I would never say that... Unless its the guy that called me 3 days ina row at 3 am.... com on really dude!!!! :)

Back