• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil Badger

NAXJA Forum User
ok so as not to take away from the other thread this started on i will make a new one showing my point and that Olympic products are total trash.

olympic4x4tech said:
Even the old style big ugly bumpers had the same reinforcement tubes welded in place. Ive hit granite rocks alot faster then 3mph and only have had rock rash. Everyone has their own opinion.

Back on topic the jeep looks good.

olympic4x4tech said:
Alot of people dont realize we re-designed our bumper 2 years ago. It is lower profile. It is designed to work with steering box reinforcements such as the c-rok and the JKS. We do not have a stinger designed for this bumper. The winch mount is made of 1/4" steel super structure and then the outer shell is 7 ga. that has 1.5" reinforcement tubes welded from the super structure to the corners of the bumper.

i can only assume that all this is for your winch mount bumper and not the whole line.under 2 years ago(6-05) i purchased a Rock bumper with hitch mount from Quadratec.this is what i recieved a total piece of crap.i was so unhappy with this product from the minute i picked it up .i would have sent it back but i was getting ready to leave for a 4 wheeling trip and needed a bumper on the front.i was waiting on this bumper for close to 2 months to be delievered and when it came i was highly disappointed.

P4221186.sized.jpg

i don't see any reinforcement.nothing tubular on this one

lets take a closer look shall we

P4221189.sized.jpg

mounting plate.you'll also notice the nice kink in the bumper

P4221187.sized.jpg

P4221188.sized.jpg

P4221192.sized.jpg

nice seams your welder is so good he doesn't even get full penitration on 7 gauge steel.why

P4221191.sized.jpg

why isn't the hitch welded to the face of the bumper on the back side only the supports.

i paid a total of $300 for this piece of crap.if i had known better for another $50~60 at the time i could have gotten myself a real bumper that can take the abuse like the Rigidco.

Ridico3.sized.jpg

notice all the vertical reinforcements.came with frame rail reinforcements.all the mounting points pass through and are welded on the inside as well as outside of bumper.

Ridico6.sized.jpg

came with new header piece to reinforce the stock front header

Rigidco23.sized.jpg

hitch area bolts to the new header to help reinforce the middle of the bumper.

now you tell me which is the better bumper for the price.i wasn't lying when i said i rolled into a tree causing the bumper to kink and it moved back about 3/4" to 1 on one side breaking my right blinker assembly.

so to all that think Olympic puts out a great product i think not .

after seeing that I think that rigid just made the top of my wish list for a front bumper.

:loveu: no arguments from me, i dont know if i ever even said one good thing about olympic to anyone, and i know i never said anything but great stuff about ridgid .... i lust after terrys/ridgids great bumpers. I finally have the cash to build up the current XJ and will be buying soon. ridgid rocks. I agree about the 50-60 dollars more gets you allot better product, aj, custom 4x4, JCR, ALL would have been only fractionally more and far superior.

For some reason people think the small guys with great products are making out like tycoon billionaires, and these huge crap pedlers like olympic, cause they can afford big color ads the product must be the real deal.

Oh well live and learn, they have to make cuts somewhere and the bigger the company you can bet its not their bottom line they are cutting, its cutting out on material and features whether it be an office chair, a new set of windows, or a 4x4 product.

Glad you found ridgid though, terrys designs are the bomb

That dude built that entire rig outta quadratech and 4wheel hardware catalogs. If he ever actually wheels it, he will discover that he should research before he builds.

87manche we should see if we can get some sort of group buy on Rigidco bumpers. Any one with any sense and, in the market for a bumper would be down. I think the guy is really busy and has months of backorder though.

Do you know if there's any truth to that last part Wil? Or anyone else?

the header panel reinforcement that ties the unibody rails together really impresses me.

Wil Badger said:
ok so as not to take away from the other thread this started on i will make a new one showing my point and that Olympic products are total trash.

So you posted a thread to slam a manufacturer and someone who works for that manufacturer?
Did you try to warranty it? Did you contact Olympic about it????

Wil Badger said:
i would have sent it back but i was getting ready to leave for a 4 wheeling trip and needed a bumper on the front.i was waiting on this bumper for close to 2 months to be delievered and when it came i was highly disappointed.

Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

This thread needs to be moved to the Den for all the ass that's being shown here.

:looser:

Kejtar said:
So you posted a thread to slam a manufacturer and someone who works for that manufacturer?
Did you try to warranty it? Did you contact Olympic about it????

why would i want to warranty it to get another piece of shit bumper, ya ok.
i'm not slamming the dude but the company he works for.if they changed the product and it isn't total ass great for them they have nothing to worry about.

ECKSJAY said:
Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

This thread needs to be moved to the Den for all the ass that's being shown here.

your right i have nobody to blame but myself for keeping it and putting it on my truck.but to say they make a good product is just bullshit they make crap .thats what this thread was started for .if i can keep one person from being taken like i was i have done my job in helping somebody.if somebody made i thread like this when i was looking i would have known better and would have never ordered it.

This is stupid. I like knowing when someone produces a lousy product, and I like knowing when they have bed service.

Ya just can't make anyone happy.....

ECKSJAY said:
They make a product that isn't suited to your particular needs. You weren't taken...you had a choice and you made a poor decision. You're looking for someone to blame and would rather make yourself look like an ass to the general population than own up to your own mistake.

It's his fault he was sold a subpar product?

Dirt said:
It's his fault he was sold a subpar product?

Pay attention...he knew he didn't like it right out of the box. He didn't send it back and he didn't contact the company. Sucks that he didn't like it, but he certainly didn't have to keep it.

party1:

Whatever man. If you're not informed like we are those company's promote thier product like it's the end all.

Come to chat so we can talk about cool stuff though. This is lame.

Dirt said:
Whatever man. If you're not informed like we are those company's promote thier product like it's the end all.

NEWS FLASH: Businesses are around to make money, not provide a service. Buyer beware!

Can't get into chat since the latest, greatest forum updates.

ECKSJAY said:
Pay attention...he knew he didn't like it right out of the box. He didn't send it back and he didn't contact the company. Sucks that he didn't like it, but he certainly didn't have to keep it.

party1:

did you also miss the part were i said i was leaving on a trip needed a front bumper and was kind of forced to run it.ya i could have taken a day or two to build a better one but i was leaving as soon as i got it bolted on.i didn't want to run without a bumper and didn't have the time or money to go and purchase new materialeither.when i look at something and the ad says rock bumper i expect it to take a little abuse and not be a total piece of crap that can't take a hit or two.

Last edited:
Wil Badger said:
did you also miss the part were i said i was leaving on a trip needed a front bumper and was kind of forced to run it.ya i could have taken a day or two to build a better one but i was leaving as soon as i got it bolted on.i didn't want to run without a bumper and didn't have the time or money to go and purchase new materialeither.when i look at something and the ad says rock bumper i expect it to take a little abuse and not be a total piece of crap that can't take a hit or two.

Didn't miss it. I read it and took it as you had a choice. You chose to run it and go anyway. Life sucks sometimes. Take your lumps and move on. Not all their products are built like that...and like I said, it's unfortunate that it didn't suit your needs. Those bumpers have been around a long time and many have run them. There's plenty of info out there but it just sounds like Mom gave you your allowance and you just HAD TO HAVE IT! :D

SCW said:
I like knowing when they have bed service.

Ya just can't make anyone happy.....

I would be happy with bed service...

K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back