• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Chinaman's Saturday June 3rd

Nay

NAXJA Forum User
Hey NAXJA crowd...been a long time...

I'm running Old Chinaman's next Saturday. Looking to see if any of the old timers want to get out on a run and catch up. I'll be in my 80 series Land Cruiser running a new 3" suspension on 35's. I'll have the family with me, so we'll have fun but keep a pace that works for all the passengers, too.

Planning on meeting at Johnson Village truckstop @ 9:30 am to avoid getting behind any larger groups...but if anybody from the Springs is going we can meet and caravan.

Let me know! I'm hoping to get 6-10 rigs...probably some Jeep and some Toyota...just an informal thing...

Let me know if you want to join so I can keep an expected headcount.

Nay

I might be in, where is Chinamans and will my 2" lift otherwise stock Cherokee be able to attempt this? THanks oh yeah, has some armor (t-case gas tank)

Joe

I think you'd want to be minor body damage tolerant on a 2" lift (with 30's?)...Chinaman's has gotten more dug out over the past couple of years and I'd personally be more comfortable on at least 3" and 31's.

The trail is near Buena Vista. Haven't had much interest though...if that doesn't change by tomorrow I'm going to push for a week and prolly run something closer to the Front Range.

I figured you guys would want to show up a former XJ / now Toyota owner :kissyou:

Nay

MIXJ...I recently did my first trail run on Chinamans with a 3" and 31's. I suffered no damage. The difficult obstacles do have bypasses. I was leary about going but I had several trustworthy people tell me that they had or had seen competent drivers make it through in a stocker. I personally don't know that I would have made it through with a stocker but then again I don't really know what I'm doing.

I was thinking about Spring Creek on Saturday as well... although I'm not sure when I was planning on getting to the trailhead.

Back