• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure guage pegged to right

Sounds like the sender wire to me. Mine did that after I changed the oil once - scared the crap out of me. Turns out I just loosened the wire coming out of the sender. Look for the sender just behind the oil filter and make sure there is a wire coming out of it and that it didn't get disconnected.

Second that on the wire, had the plug fall off my trooper at 70mph, left brown spots on the seat, I shut it off and coasted to the shoulder, popped the hood and did a check, instant relief when I saw that plug hanging loose there. Tense 2 minutes for sure... then 10 minutes later the #1 plug blew out of the head, that was the LAST time I EVER let a dealer under the hood....all the plugs were loose.

Do a search. There was a post about aweek ago on how to diagnose the problem to see if it the wire/gauge or the sender unit. Really good write up. Solved my problem.

Could be as simple as a bad connection off the sender or the sender wire. If you used plumbers tape on the threads of the sender it will do that, or a disconnected sender wire will do the same.

thanks to all...I read on the "car talk" forum that you can reset your gauges on the newer XJ's by holding the trip computer while starting...holy crap!! was I surprised when the needle went back to it's rightful position. pass it on :)

Back