• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OHV Rally & Protest - 8/26 - Placerville Fair Grounds

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Who's gonna be there?
Billy

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604282
OHV Rally and Protest at the Placerville Fairgrounds
Sunday August 26th Noon to 7:00PM

I've done all the front end work with the police department, insurance companies, the fairgrounds and creating a protest plan. I survived the red-tape and now its up to you. This event is only $500.00 away from happening. I'm putting $100.00 in the pot. That leaves us $400.00 short. A few have posted they were good for $100.00 each. Its time to put you're money where your mouth is. Details of the event costs are listed below. I have no intention of making anything on this. I just want to cover the costs. When we get to the total needed I'll post 'FULLY FUNDED' and remove the below email/paypal address from this thread. If money does come in beyond our needs it will go to the Cantina for the con.

[email protected] This is the address to send money to me via paypal.

Why protest...why give????

The loss of 1200 + miles of roads and trail should be enough to motivate everyone in the OHV community. I think it is time for a public protest of the Eldorado National Forest Service. Not protesting would say we don't care and god only knows what would happen next. So...this is a call to action. Get up off the couch, build a protest sign and for just 1/2 a day Sunday August 26 between 12:00 and 7:00, go to the Placerville fairgrounds. We'll direct you from there. Its time to make an effort and fight for our rights. We're just asking for 3 hours of your time. The time is now!! SPREAD THE WORD!!

Event details:

This event will not be a band of red-necks running amuck in Placerville. If that's your plan stay home. It will be structured and organized and done within the laws and the "Protest plan" I submitted to the police department. The good news is we are approved to protest in very visable locations...overpasses etc. Individuals must come to the fairgrounds first, get instructions on where and how to properly protest, then they will get a hand stamp before they begin to protest. Everyone must have a stamp. Then they will be sent out in groups of 10 to 20 to work specific intersections/locations. A lead for each group will have "Base" communications to me via his/her and my cell phone. Make your own protest signs at home...details on this to follow on this thread for slogans etc.

Absolutely no drinking during this protest. Don't bring it to the fairgrounds either.

I ask each person to spend 2-3 hours protesting. We need 250 + people, but have room at the fairgrounds for much more. There are no entrance fees and parking is $4.00 per car at the fairgrounds. There will not be food or drinks available at the fairgrounds...maybe some bottled water depending on funding so prepare accordingly. We'll have a petition to sign and letters (For the DEIS) that people can submit to the FS.

Here are the details on costs:

Fairgrounds:
Back lawn $210.00
Insurance $125.00
Stage $ 70.00
PA sysetm $ 50.00
Taxes...???

Additional expenses:
Bottled water and Ice: 50.00 - 100.00 anyone willing to do this???
Signs/lumber/pens/poster board: We'll need some back up signs???
Flyers...a link is posted below with a flyer that can be downloaded. I'd like to print and hand them out in advance. Need help!!

I need volunteer help too. Call/email me.

Flyer link here. MS WORD doc: http://www.calcreepers.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=12203 This is very basic and could be better. Its a start.

To communicate with me:

Marlon Allen
916-717-4316 10:00AM - 8:00PM please.
[email protected]

Re: OHV Rally & Protest - 8/23 - Placerville Fair Grounds

This needs a sticky. I'll be there. Trying to rally some support from others not necessarily 4x4 guys and were not aware of whats going on too. I sure hope there are some trails left when I decide to get back to wheelin.

JP

Ahgh. Gotta work. Seriously would rather be supporting our side. I'll try to pass the word on to others who may be able to make it.

This should be on the steps of the Capitol!

Back