• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official 'Who's Serious' Thread.

Yeah I think it'd be very difficult for us to centrally locate so everyone can come. I think our original gathering idea was more for a mixer to meet other area folks. Would be kinda cool if the OR, ID, and WA peeps could meet at three different locations and teleconference. :) Maybe we have folks in each group who have access to that type of setup? :D

At any rate, I'm in agreement with Woody. We've got quite a few folks in the region interested and I think that if folks are ready to go with it then let's get those memberships in. I've got two more whom I'm waiting on who aren't on the boards so much. I think I'll start another thread for folks to post as they become members.

Not trying to make things more difficult, but we might want to see if there is a preference for the get together to be on a Sunday vs. Saturday.

North Bend? Or the Soqualamie (however you spell that danged thing) pass is central to the Seattle folk...and not too hard of a drive for most on the West Side. A bit of a drive for folks past Moses Lake and East though.

I like Ellensburg too... maybe slightly less central..... but isn't there a trail or two close by?
Glenn

Glenn Baker said:
I like Ellensburg too... maybe slightly less central..... but isn't there a trail or two close by?
Glenn

Gotta be careful...a lot of the areas are closed to all activity right now because of fire danger. Super dry stuff around. :(

Yes.... very true. I have to be careful where I smoke at my house.
Glenn

I'm no expert, but relativly near to Ellensburg is Liberty where's there's a nice trail system (like #310, my first taste of REAL wheeling) and then the Tanuem Creek-Buck Meadows-Manastash area where Moon & Funny rocks are. The latter is a cool area, been there a buncha times.
Theres some decent options for hotels and food in/around Ellensburg courtesy of the truck stops and CWU being in town. There's also a nice selection for camping. I got a bunch I liturature for that area since it's one of my favorite getaway spots.
Just thought I'd throw in my .02 worth.

Chris O.

Central location sounds good to me. Personally I like the Cle-Elum / Tanuem Creek area idea, all someone needs to do is check to see if they're open. There is some desert wheelin in the Quilmine area near Kititias (spelling?) that would be different. And what about an overnighter? We'd better figure this thing out fast or the summer will be over.

You can count me in!!!!!! I am filling out the membership form as we speak.......well type...

Back