• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OCT 7th - Dick Hannah's No Roads Required 3rd Annual Offroad Jeep Show

By "show" its more of a big ass meet-n-greet.....Except there just so happens to be a few awards handed out by some of the vendors, as well as a ton of giveaways for the raffle.... Several clubs being all in one spot, and a ton of people coming together to show support for a common interest and help benefit a cause.
It's not about NAXJA being all about "show cars" ...its more about doing what we can as a group/club to show as much support as we can, and demonstrate the kind of solidarity that develops the right kind of reputation.
Trust me I would much rather be wheeling than working... but as with anything, there's a time and a place. That place may be Elbe, but that will have to be another time. At least for me. Elbe will always be there, This show only happens once a year.
I'm sorry to come across as a dick, or a cry baby here.... I guess I just take things more seriously than others, and prioritize things differently....and was hoping to persuade others to follow suit.
I have no ill will towards anyone, and will be the last person to hold any kind of grudge, and I certainly don't judge.
Ok, i'll climb down off the soap box now....
>
This show is looking to be a lot of fun, and shaping up to have a great turnout. There have been about 100 registrations turned in, and we're sure to have others that just roll in. Not bad considering all that has happened with the planning/history of this event.
If this ends up being as much of a success as we're thinking/hoping....we're already talking about holding this next year at PIR, and having access to some of the infield/motocross track for some actual off-roading during the event.

I look forward to seeing you guys there.
...And thanks for putting up with my rant.

I'll be there along with 2 other xjs.

I unfortunatly won't be winning jack this year as I'm broke. But I will be there none the less.

So I drove by fast specialties tonight. Wow plenty of room for allot of rigs in their parking lot.

done! now do i drive up tonight and hang out in gresham. or wait till the morning? hmm... is anyone planning on making a stop for breakfast in the morning? i love breakfast :lickout:

Bronze
I hear the Pistons Wild group is stopping at Fatty Patty's for breakfast - on Hwy 99 (just North of 99th st.)

Well My XJ is fully detailed, and ready for the show, all my DJ equipment is loaded up and the rig is staged in the garage. I'll be heading out early, so as to have enough time to set up, and do my sound checks.
Weather looks to be nice, Low to mid 70's, Easterly wind 10-15 mph....might be a bit breezy...but should fair nicely.
I'll see ya'll tomorrow!

I am sitting in the parking lot closest to hwy99 so I'm easily visible. From I5 get off at 78st and turn right. Then turn right at the light. You'll see me.

Last edited:
It ended as any NAXJA run ends.

XsR4R.jpg

Back