• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBDII P0332 Code on 1998 XJ 4.0L

nwautoxer

NAXJA Forum User
My 1998 XJ with stock 4.0L engine and AX15 transmission continually throws a P0332 code for "Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)". My forum and internet searchs seem to indicate this engine doesn't have a knock sensor. I don't hear an actual engine knock under hard acceleration. Engine runs fine.

What would cause this error code? Any ideas on how to stop the code from bring triggered? Thanks

Knock sensors were eliminated quite a while before 98, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe 90 being the last year??

Not quite sure what might be going on here, but am subscribed to this thread to find out!

My 1998 XJ with stock 4.0L engine and AX15 transmission continually throws a P0332 code for "Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)". My forum and internet searchs seem to indicate this engine doesn't have a knock sensor. I don't hear an actual engine knock under hard acceleration. Engine runs fine.

What would cause this error code? Any ideas on how to stop the code from bring triggered? Thanks

How did you read this code? No knock sensor on a '98.

I run a data recorder plugged in to the OBDII diagnostic port and periodically download the information to my laptop. I didn't get this code until recently.

I run a data recorder plugged in to the OBDII diagnostic port and periodically download the information to my laptop. I didn't get this code until recently.
Data recorder and software specs?

I dont think pending codes disturb anything, If I understand correctly it could just be a glitch in the electronics that is intermittent enough not to trigger the CEL.

I sometimes get pending p0705 but no CEL and it clears upon restart.

Back