• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA question

ok,

SO

you put oil in with the air. OK. is there a system that recovers and recycles the oil? that would be helpful...otherwise you'd have to continuously fill the oil, and drain the oil from the other side. I'm thinking an oil reservoir would be nice, but one that pushes oil into the intake side, but sucks it out of the exhaust side, without removing air from the system.

jeepcomj said:
ok,

SO

you put oil in with the air. OK. is there a system that recovers and recycles the oil? that would be helpful...otherwise you'd have to continuously fill the oil, and drain the oil from the other side. I'm thinking an oil reservoir would be nice, but one that pushes oil into the intake side, but sucks it out of the exhaust side, without removing air from the system.

I dunno, I've never seen a separator that was also a recycler. I can't imagine that oil that's been used and then sent downstream with moisture and other contaminants is good for the compressor in the long run.

Not saying that such a thing doesn't exist, but the oiling process isn't as tedious as you make it sound. You have an oiler, it dispenses oil at a measured rate, when its empty you fill it. Not exactly continuous.

And as far as continuously draining the other side, you're supposed to intermittently drain any compressed air system, not just for oil but also for moisture. Rust + high pressure =no pinche bueno.

I used a coilhose 26 series lubricator on my AC converted OBA. When I bought it there was some doubt that it would feed oil as it was on the suction side of the comressor and not under pressure. Works great and the rate is easily adjustable. Below is an indirect pic showing its location on my setup. My coalescing filter collects the oil and I just recycle it back into the lubricator manually.
DSCN6033.jpg

Hope that helps.

Tim

I have a OBA A/C setup. My output/discharge hose keeps brusting, FYI the hose says it is rated for 200*F 300PSI which I am sure I am exceding that. My switch is set at 90/125 PSI

So, my question is what kind of hose are you using? Where do you get it? I have been trying to look for ways to hard line with copper. The discharge/output fitting is an odd size, I was able to use copper flair fitting for the supply/input side.

Last edited:
Back