• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oak harbor meet and greet feeler?

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Driving around town I have seen plenty xjs. Yet I have only met mac and one other person in the taco bell parking lot. I know our local 4x4 shop better off road or BOR has a exocaged xj so why not put together a meet. I am off till the 8th of jan.but anytime really. If we can set a date and a place I will be willing to make up some flyers and stick them on all the xjs I see around here.

I know is soon but what about next weekend anytime.
Jan 3rd or 4th.

Or
Jan 10th or 11th.

If we do it on the 10th or 11th. I won't be able to meet till about 430pm.

Leo, great idea. However If we could include the guys/gals over in Burlington/Mt Vernon? That is a short drive for us on the Island? We meet up 1st and then head over to meet with the other area?

Mac

Ok so let's go with jan3rd we meet up around 10am then head over to mt vernon. Meet with the mt vernon guys around 1130am. Then from there we can eithier have lunch or head out to walker valley. I know its short notice but the date can be pushed.

Im in for now, but my plans may change if i have to work.
Where are you thinking of meeting up for lunch in Mt.vernon?
Im also game for a quick walker valley run! Maybe hit lower mainline and then shoot over and go down the expressway? If its a small group it shouldn't take long, but who cares if it gets dark and takes a long time!

ok so far possibly 4 guys here in oak harbor. will meet one guy in mt vernon.

not sure on where to go for lunch i dont know mt vernon well enough.

so are we meeting ont he 3rd 4th 10th or 11th.

or is there a better date for everyone. we need to decide quick the 3rd is in 4 days.

Leo, I am good with this. I will check the dad and son duo next to me the both have XJ's.

Cherokee 26, when you get the parts in, do you need help installing them? If so, let me know.

I wonder how much snow is on the trials? :)

mac

Last edited:
ok i am going to make the decision we will meet at BOR on the 3rd at 10am. stay till about 1030. then head over to mt vernon. not sure where to meet for lunch. maybe we should just bag lunch it gas up somewhere to meet with the other guys then head striat to walker valley.

my 4 lo still doesnt work so i might have to stay off some of the harder trails.

...I wonder how much snow is on the trials? :)

mac

i dont think there will be alot of snow, my freind lives just down the road from walker and he has no snow, might be some snow in the places that dont get any sun.

ok i am going to make the decision we will meet at BOR on the 3rd at 10am. stay till about 1030. then head over to mt vernon. not sure where to meet for lunch. maybe we should just bag lunch it gas up somewhere to meet with the other guys then head striat to walker valley.

my 4 lo still doesnt work so i might have to stay off some of the harder trails.

Sack lunch sounds good to me! Meet you guys at the parking lot at walker? or if you guys dont know how to get there we could meet in mt vernon. I really think if we are going meet and greet style we should hangout in the parking lot and make a fire and eat lunch and hangout out for a while before we go wheelin, everytime i meet up with anyone to go wheelin i never to get to talk to them or really meet them cause we are wheelin the whole time.
As far as your 4 low goes, we had someone with a bad t case last time and they ran most of the trail in 4 high, we would probally be fine running expressway over to mainline using a little skinny pedal in places and taking bypasses.

What time do you think you will be at walker? Also, does any one have a winch? if not i will bring extra come alongs or talk my buddy with a winch into going.

AHHH I hate when this happens hey guys some last minute family issues came up and i wont be able to make it. i hope everyone has fun.

i will be able on jan 24th. if we want to do this again. or if we want to change the date to the 24th.
it might be better it will give cherokee 26th time to ge this parts on and swap duty days if he has to. it will also allow me to possibly get my lift on and actaully show.
maybe we can get more people to show.

so if you guys go on the 3rd it seems like oak harbor guys will meet at BOR around 10am. then leave about 1030am. head over to walkervalley parking lot shouldnt take more then an hour to get there. have a fire talk eat lunch then go wheelin'

if you want to change to the 24th i say we follow the same plan.

yeah if farrells is open on fri then i can get my driveshaft i shouldn't need help installing it i've done many a driveshafts and ujoints in my high school days LOL butif i need help or have questions i will ask.

farrels should be open on friday, if not try larry's, or even arts over in wooley, bring your tools and call first if you got to arts!

ok i will try i already called farrells and so far they are the cheapest place to get what i need if i can't find a linkage for the transfercase i guess i can manually shift it from underneath or i might jerry rig somehting up we'll see.

I'll be able to show face at BOR, but I'm gonna have to pass up on Walker. Jeep's front end started making some interesting noises earlier this week, and I'll probably tear into it to figure out the problem. So, I'll see you guys at BOR tomorrow.

Hey, I'd appreciate if you guys could post up some pics.

I was stationed at the air base from 96-99, that's where I met my current g/f, who used to work at the tacobell Leo mentioned.

Be cool to see naxja@naswi! :D

Robert
(AT2 Robert Hull :patriot:)

il can meet for a while but cant make the walker this time guys ive got acres of broken tres and limbs to clean up at the house and a honey do list from hell anyway i look forward to meeting new faces though

Back