• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nylint wheeler

I was looking at mine earlier and started thinking about getting another one and taking the front axle out and making the other one rear steer.
Looks like it can be done.

It has been done before. People who have done the four wheel steer mod were not happy with it. I have no idea why, it looks like it would help out alot. Check out rccrawler.com on the 1/18 section. There is a ton of info there. These little things are worse than crack, just a little cheaper :laugh3:

Here's some updated pics of the XJ Crawler. I have the body and interior retro fitted. The next step is some body work and paint. The body even came with working lights which will be after paint. I cut the coils and had to extend the wheel base about 1/4" to make it look scale.

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

There is a poll on that rccrawler.com website about what bodystyles people were most interested in seeing should Funrise Toys decide to expand the lineup of crawlers they offer, and the XJ is by far the most requested, with a Toyota pickup being second. Seems as though there is already plans for a Bronco version as well. Gorilla_Skater, yours looks awesome. How are you guys fitting different bodies onto the chassis?

Walmart.com is now out of stock.......

gorilla_skater said:
Here's some updated pics of the XJ Crawler. I have the body and interior retro fitted. The next step is some body work and paint. The body even came with working lights which will be after paint. I cut the coils and had to extend the wheel base about 1/4" to make it look scale.

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Hey Boss, where did you get the body, that is sweet. Would love to make a 1/18th copy of my XJ.

went by the local Wal-mart again today still had the big one and 2 small ones

man this is tempting, but i cant help but think it would be a waste of money, i had the cash on me too and i just couldn't get my self to do it

just got a 1/18th jeep at my local walmart. they had 2 scorpion 1/18ths left. battery is charging.... de-stickered and had to get rid of the blue cage, so the cage, tonneau, stinger, and sliders are flat black. may paint the body, not sure what color though.

@cartsxj, I got that from Ebay about 4 years ago. It was for my son. He was into the 90's version of Land of the Lost and the had a XJ. So for now, it's ebay, flea markets, tag sales. I'm also asking all my friends and family who have boys around 19-30. They would have been the right age around 1992 when the series (and the toys) were out.

Here a link to what it looks like out of the box.
http://f20.aaa.livedoor.jp/~toshimi...ndMaster_XJ.htm

Here's a vid of the XJ in action:
http://media.putfile.com/Nylint-Jeep-Cherokee-Crawling-2

Just picked up a 1:6 for my son's birthday (no, really..it's for him. :D) My local Wal-Mart had it for $89 on clearance...they have 1 left (but the box looks like it had been opened). They also have 4 of the smaller one's...2 TJ's and 2 Scorpions.

Man, I wish I could find a 1:6.
Good find, you have there.

While at work today, I modded mine for better performance and painted it because yellow is FUGLY!.
Shaved a lot off of the CAs and 3rd links and lengthened the shocks.
I also added about 1lb to the axles via stick-on wheel weights while also getting the F/R balance centered.
It REALLY flexes out now, with all that extra unsprung weight.

Looks like Target is the new retailer on these......they don't stock them yet, but the smaller Scorpion is on their website.

I got a 1/18 scale one from a secret admirer for Valentine's Day......thanks sugar-daddy!

ok you fawkers got me going now

i picked one up

my Wal-Mart finally put them on clearance for 89 bucks so i snagged one, they still had a bunch left

100_0071.jpg

how long do these things run? the manual says 45 minutes but i'm sure thats not real world. has anybody else watched the DVD they had some cool stuff in there. thats an awful big battery and for 15 bucks more i may snag another

well, after spending about an hour at wally world, i found that the 1/6 scale is not in stock anywhere in denver (50 mile radius of i70 and youngfield store) they do however stock them and sell at 89 bucks. so those in denver are sol right now. some stores do have the smaller ones on the shelf though. oh well. i have a life sized beer now, so all is good.

funvtec said:
how long do these things run? the manual says 45 minutes but i'm sure thats not real world. has anybody else watched the DVD they had some cool stuff in there. thats an awful big battery and for 15 bucks more i may snag another

I get roughly 45-60 minutes between charges with constant crawling so that manual is pretty close.

urban wheeling :laugh3:

this thing rocks it'll climb up anything

100_0072.jpg

100_0074.jpg

100_0073.jpg

Back