• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Moderation

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
After discussing it with cracker, effective immediately, due to on going issues with the NWC, I have made cal, GSequoia, and kastein the only moderators of this chapter.

As moderators of the entire site, Cracker, lobsterdmb, and myself also can moderate it if necessary.

This does not take anything away from the work that the chapter moderators have been doing. The main reason for the change is to bring veteran moderators in to monitor and to keep there from being any accusations of bias.

I will monitor this for 1 month and reevaluate with cracker.

mac 'behave' gyvr

Thanks for the assist Mac.....
I think this will be a good stepping stone for the NWC.
It's a shame it had to come to this, but I/we appreciate the help.

We will make this chapter happier.

If you see something that crosses the line please report it. Reported posts are treated confidentially so don't be afraid to drop a report on a popular member or one of your friends if something is wrong.

That said please do not abuse the reported post feature. Do not report everything posted by somebody you do not like. Do not continually report the same post. Do not report posts because you disagree with moderator action.

Be aware that we are not NWC members, we don't know most of you and don't know of your ongoing inside jokes. We will take action on posts that break rules, even if it's really an inside joke or "play fighting." We will not reverse these infractions.

I realize that some may see this as meddling or over-moderation, please have patience though this process and realize that we are simply getting the house back in order. NAXJA has always been a family-friendly place, some of that image has been slipping lately.

And last. To those who are in contact with the moderators of hte Facebook page. Please forward a request to surrender that group to NAXJA or re-brand it to remove references to it as a NAXJA page. We can take over that page as impartial moderators during this period, ultimately we would hand it off to NWC chapter leadership (who it should belong to).

If they refuse to do so I will be submitting a claim with Facebook for the rogue page using our name.

Thank you,
Geoff Armstrong
NAXJA Moderator

First the "TARD" nomination.
Then the "TARD" award.
Now this.... Can it get anymore embarrassing for the NWC.

This is a good idea. I think it has nothing to do with the current NWC BOD but the fact that members tend to attack them personally. By having impartial mods, it keeps things honest. Thank you for handling it.

Now if we can get that NWC FB group under control, I'm tired of filling copyright infringement and DMCA claims.

First the "TARD" nomination.
Then the "TARD" award.
Now this.... Can it get anymore embarrassing for the NWC.

These are the things I don't understand, the national chapter has singled out the nwc, as tards. Which in my book, constitutes an infraction for breaking these cardinal rules which have been demanded to follow. "Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive"... I feel that this is only the tip. Profanity is not allowed, but I see it consistently, whether its spelled, or spe**#d, its profanity, any child can decipher the code thats written. I see picking and choosing as to what constitutes an infraction, some are overlooked while others are under the scope. I'm not saying that what has gone on should just be swept under the rug, but you can't just pick what YOU feel as inappropriate, and mod it, but mod everything, or don't mod at all. Also, posting under a national mod to call upon the waambulance, is just stoking the fire, not needed, or appropriate by any means. You all need to grow the funk up and start to act like adults, instead of playing like children and pointing fingers. Either we all play on the same field, stop mixing basketball and tennis, or this thing you all say you fight for, will become a national failure. Starts at the top...

Last edited:
These are the things I don't understand, the national chapter has singled out the nwc, as tards. Which in my book, constitutes an infraction for breaking these cardinal rules which have been demanded to follow. "Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive"... I feel that this is only the tip. Profanity is not allowed, but I see it consistently, whether its spelled, or spe**#d, its profanity, any child can decipher the code thats written. I see picking and choosing as to what constitutes an infraction, some are overlooked while others are under the scope. I'm not saying that what has gone on should just be swept under the rug, but you can't just pick what YOU feel as inappropriate, and mod it, but mod everything, or don't mod at all. Also, for a national mod to call upon the waambulance, is just stoking the fire, not needed, or appropriate by any means. You all need to grow the funk up and start to act like adults, instead of playing like children and pointing fingers. Either we all play on the same field, stop mixing basketball and tennis, or this thing you all say you fight for, will become a national failure. Starts at the top...

Wow.

Yes.

Now if we can get that NWC FB group under control, I'm tired of filling copyright infringement and DMCA claims.

Per my request in this thread that page is no longer NAXJA Branded. The NWC BOD has created a new NAXJA NorthWest chapter page, you can find that page here. The old page remains property of the person who set it, since it is no longer NAXJA branded that's a perfectly acceptable solution.

These are the things I don't understand, the national chapter has singled out the nwc, as tards. Which in my book, constitutes an infraction for breaking these cardinal rules which have been demanded to follow. "Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive"... I feel that this is only the tip. Profanity is not allowed, but I see it consistently, whether its spelled, or spe**#d, its profanity, any child can decipher the code thats written. I see picking and choosing as to what constitutes an infraction, some are overlooked while others are under the scope. I'm not saying that what has gone on should just be swept under the rug, but you can't just pick what YOU feel as inappropriate, and mod it, but mod everything, or don't mod at all. Also, posting under a national mod to call upon the waambulance, is just stoking the fire, not needed, or appropriate by any means. You all need to grow the funk up and start to act like adults, instead of playing like children and pointing fingers. Either we all play on the same field, stop mixing basketball and tennis, or this thing you all say you fight for, will become a national failure. Starts at the top...

1: TOTY, etc. should not be taken this seriously. If it were some super-secret attack against the NWC trust me, it wouldn't be in a place it can be seen. Don't take it personally.

2: Other items, profanity, etc. Moderators don't see all. Contrary to popular believe we don't all live in basements ;). Personally I rely a lot on post reports before I see and/or take action on a problem post. We are a volunteer force, sometimes things will be missed (a perfect example would be during a large event that a lot of the moderation staff is attending).

We will never remove every single off-topic post from threads, that would create just as much of a hostile atmosphere as allowing things to go unchecked. It's all about a balance.

Anybody here (or anywhere else on NAXJA for that matter) is free to PM me if you have any questions or would like to bring something up anonymously (I would then take that to the appropriate place stating that an anonymous member contacted me). I promise that I will keep the contact secret if that is what you would prefer.

1. national "chapter"? No such thing. The den (which has always been a no holds barred, no BS, no screwed-up humor too screwed up, etc subforum for people to unwind in) did so. If you have a problem with that, don't go in the den. If you have a problem with the NWC having that reputation (as you should) - much of the chapter (the really vocal ones anyways) has been acting like tards. Stop doing that, and it won't happen again.
2. rudeness/etc - those rules do not apply in the Den. If you see that kind of behavior outside the Den, report it and we'll take an (impartial) look. That's all there is to it.
3. profanity - I'm not getting into this one. The debate has been had, and had again, and again, and again, and it's as clear as mud. My personal views on the subject are fairly relaxed, to be honest.
4. every time I have previously looked at this chapter's behavior to try and figure out who the instigators are and who are the people just trying to have fun and get along, I have ended up with a whopping headache and no idea what I just read. I really am not sure who is on which "side". I really just want you all to get along and do some wheelin' and build some jeeps. What this all means is that I'm basically about as uninformed/impartial about the cliques and sides and instigators here as one can be after reading thread backlogs for hours. Please don't make me do anything by breaking the rules, because like Geoff said, I don't know who is play-fighting and who isn't.

And yes, please stop with the following people around and trying to get them in trouble by reporting anything/everything. It is ridiculous, childish, arrogant loud mouthed trolling, and all it does is annoy every single moderator who sees the constant stream of baseless, confusing, obviously retaliatory thread, post, and PM reports.

Really, I volunteered for this because I want there to be an NWC around still for me to visit and wheel with at some point in the future. Things have been going downhill for quite some time (I'm not sure exactly when, as I barely read other chapter forums aside from my own - but I'd have to put it around the time of NWFest 2010) and it saddens me to watch it happen. I want this chapter to succeed and will do what I can to help calm things down a bit. If anyone has suggestions, my ears are open. I'm sure the NWC BOD also feels this way, if you feel more comfortable speaking with them, feel free to.

My PM box is overfull right now, but if you feel comfortable posting up your thoughts (no instigation and trolling, please... there has been enough of that) feel free. I'll hopefully have my inbox cleared out a bit shortly, I have been meaning to go through it for a while.

edit: PM box is no longer overfull.

Last edited:
Well there goes the neighborhood... With the likes of Avery, Cal and Geoff in here.. Just kidding boys, its about time someone came in and cleaned up a little in this place..:p

Well there goes the neighborhood... With the likes of Avery, Cal and Geoff in here.. Just kidding boys, its about time someone came in and cleaned up a little in this place..:p

Well there's a name I haven't seen in a long time!

I hope things are well Scott. The next time you hit SoCal, give me a ring.

Back