• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS sort of works

Thanks for the link, Blaine B.
Now I know what to crawl under with.
I have access to a free spare, i should get it and redo it..
I can't see why any sandpaper is required.
If it's brassy or gold plated, Tarnex works wonders and isn't abrasive.
It must be washed with water after and dried to remove any acidic traces, as a solvent won't do this well.
I use it in electronics for mode swtiches etc...
Then a clear dielectric.
I can't wait to get that one off to rebuild....

I put the sandpaper on a flat surface and run the contacts across them to smooth out any grooves and make them flat again. Plus it's quick.

What a PITA to remove.
It was on the parts Jeep for 245,000 miles.
Since the tarnex is at work, i used a little vinegar and salt applied with a pencil eraser.
Seemed to work well.
Hope I never need it...

As far as the emissions testings on 96 and newer cars.. the obdII port is where all of the testing is done from. The computer itself will fail you for a check engine light, not just the technician. The emissions testing on OBDII cars tests to see if all systems are Ready or Not Ready. So if you reset all your codes and drive up there it will fail you for not having all of the systems Ready (cause they haven't completed a drive cycle).
In Houston when I was emissions testing we didn't dyno + sniffer check on cars with OBDII cause the computer did it all for us. my .02

Up here, the oldest cars get sniffed while idling. OBD1's get run on a dino at something like 33 mph and sniffed. OBD2 don't get sniffed and just get the computer read at idle.

ALL cars get the gas caps checked for leaks, however.

Back